Any other night owls out there? 🦉

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you are ok.

2 Likes

Cool. Yeah I usually hangout on the forum all night, until the early morning.

Do you go to dual-diagnosis meetings @ElGato?

I’m doing alright. I have best wishes for mountainman’s friend to make it.

2 Likes

Me too. 15151515

3 Likes

Well I tried too, but there wasn’t anyone else at the meeting at the scheduled time.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to determine if I’m clean in NA using Risperdal. Grandsponsor said yes, and I’m glad. My sponsor doesn’t know anything about sz or AP’s. My sponsor wanted me to stop taking Klonopin. He works with the homeless and has seen people strung-out on it.

1 Like

I see. I’m by no means an expert in psych meds or recovery. But I’ve always been under the impression that if something is prescribed by a psychiatrist than it’s okay.

I don’t know much about NA though, and how it works.

I have the AA “Big book” and I read it sometimes. I’m recovered from alcohol for about 4 years.

1 Like

NA says you should abstain from mind or mood altering drugs.

2 Likes

I think I’d love that radio program. I go to sleep uber early because I’m up at a sparrow fart…that is a bit before sunrise over here like alarm set for 5 am!

So. I’m the polar opposite but sometimes in my life I’ve never slept and I was up late and up early! I did like the night life but now I’m a light weight so it’s bed early and zyprexa bliss!

1 Like

I used to go to AA, but started going to NA. NA considers alcohol a drug to abstain from.

1 Like

Oh okay, I understand. Was NA modeled after AA?

I have a friend who is in recovery and goes to NA. It seems to be really helping him a lot.

Haha! Tonight they’re playing recordings of spirits and ghosts. I’m also shopping for weird old horror movies online.

I hear ya though on the night life and all. I imagine I won’t be able to stay up this late as I get older.

1 Like

NA is modeled on AA and came into existence after AA. AA is the model for the various 12-step programs.

1 Like

There is a NA book called In Times of Illness that says just like they wouldn’t suggest an insulin-dependent addict give up their insulin, NA doesn’t suggest a mentally ill addict give up their prescribed medication to treat their illness.

1 Like

That’s good. It sounds like they’re ‘with the times’ as they say. I guess what I mean is it’s good they’re in agreement with psychiatry and mental illness.

1 Like

My favorite radio station has what they call the “Witching Hour” and it’s similar spooky stuff. I love it. All except the program on the devil and necromancy. I’m not really listening that late but I had trouble sleeping hahah. I’d love your coast to coast. I love a good conspiricy theory these days!

1 Like

Still my sponsor wanted me to stop the Klonopin. So far I’m doing fine without it. Having some issues with insomnia though. I did manage to get some sleep last night. It looks like I’m going to be up tonight however.

1 Like

Hahaha. Yeah necromancy etc. is pretty scary stuff! Your program “Witching Hour” sounds cool too!

They talk about conspiracy theories from time to time on Coast. I think it’s considered an “alternative news” program.

It’s definitely an alternative to the mainstream radio haha!

i definitely am a n ight owl. it gives me breathing space where nobody bothers me much.

i like to exercise at night and do bills and fold laundry etc.

judy

2 Likes

I’m still up. Can’t think of much to say. Definitely having problems sleeping tonight.

1 Like