Any one here has a physical defect apart from schizophrenia?

i have herniated disks in my back, previously broken right ankle that still gives me trouble. false teeth at 29 years old. i’m also overweight and i have Tardive dyskinesia in the form of shaking hands and legs.

2 Likes

I used to drink a good amount of cough syrup. My stomach was never the same

2 Likes

I have a scar near my shoulder. It used to affect formal wear and bathing suit choices, but it has blended in with the rest of my skin mostly now.

1 Like

Is your eardrum repairable or will it heal? I have trouble with negative pressure behind mine. It hasn’t damaged my hearing permanently but I did have an eardrum replaced many years ago. It was pretty amazing how smooth the surgery went and I lost that constant sound of wind going by.

1 Like

Generally, ruptured eardrums heal very well with little or no lasting damage. Mine has been damaged enough that there is some permanent loss from my original level of hearing, but not enough to be truly disabling.

3 Likes

That’s good. One has to respect the ears. They get screwed up and screwed up and they continue to work. Every time a doc looks in my ears he sends me for a hearing test. Alas, they are covered in scar tissue and sure to go someday but after 37+ years of chronic infections and eustachian tube failure, I only fail to hear when my pressure is really out of whack and making everything in my head so loud that I can’t hear anything over it. That becomes temporarily debilitating but it always goes away.

Oh boy, where do I start?

• Because of a stroke a few years ago my right hand doesn’t work very well
  • I’m overweight
  • I’m nearsighted as heck
  • My knees are shot
  • I have chronic back pain because of an injury I received whilst being attacked back when I was 13 or 14
  • I have a hole in my heart
  • My kidneys have scar tissue all over them from a protein disorder I had in my teens
  • Low thyroid
  • Potassium deficiency
  • I’ve been slowly losing my hearing for over a decade
  • Emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis
  • Sleep apnea

And that’s just what I can remember right now, I’m sure there are others.

2 Likes