Any medications/supplements/therapies for thought disorder/confusion?

Does anyone know about anything that helps thought disorganization? I never have positive symptoms even off meds, but on meds I still have disorganized thoughts. It’s like I can’t remember what I was about to say or do Bc my train of thought is constantly changing. Any reccommendations?

3 Likes

I have disorganized thinking alot too. I can’t think at all in my head. I don’t have positive symptoms other than that and delusions too. I take a benzo when I feel it and that seems to help alot.

1 Like

I found that L-theanine helps with my thinking. Even a dose as low as 200mg seemed to help.

1 Like

Do you mind if I ask what diagnoses you have? Benzos seem to help my thinking as well

I don’t have disorganized thinking, but I do have mild cognitive impairment left over from years of untreated psychosis. It results in poor problem solving skills, bad memory and confusion. To treat it, I take a nootropic supplement called Cognitex Basics. I also exercise everyday by doing yoga and incorporating some HIIT into my yoga practice. I also challenge my mind by studying music performance. And also by reading regularly everyday.

1 Like

CBD and NAC both helped a lot with my disorganized thinking

2 Likes

Is any of this effective? Do you happen to know what’s in cognitex? Does it work?

What’s NAC? 1919191

Not officially diagnosed with SZ or SZA. I may have epilepsy though, I’m seeing a neurologist in a couple weeks.

1 Like

That’s actually a sign of a seizure disorder.

Interesting, thank you !

1 Like

You should go to a neurologist

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about seeing a hormone or sleep doctor, I might do this, thank u

1 Like

Absolutely feel better.

1 Like

Sorry I have only just seen this! NAC is a common supplement/medication used to treat a wide variety of ailments, but it’s known to be helpful with schizophrenia and it can help with the cognitive/negative symptoms. It’s definitely worth a try…

1 Like

Thank you! 1515151