Any little thing sets off symptoms

I feel like anything I do, t-r-i-g-g-e-r-s me. I read about schizophrenia and something sets me off. I try to browse an online auction, get set off. Have to ex out of the whole thing. The actual word trigger is a trigger for me. Friends say a certain word…or I’m just sitting there and suddenly I hallucinate something. It is so frustrating. Can’t I just live my life??! I would give anything for the minor irritations I lived with before I was sick

4 Likes

How long have you been taking your current meds? In time when you get used to your meds or get the right med combo, things may settle down a bit. When I first try a new med everything is triggering for me also. It usually calms down after awhile. This is my experience at least. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been on abilify for five years. For the first couple of years I didn’t realize that i was living daily life in psychosis. Now that I know what’s going on, I want it to stop

1 Like

Oh ok. Sounds like you may need a med adjustment. Can you see your doctor anytime soon?

1 Like

Yes. I’ll be seeing her in two weeks. I feel very ugh tonight. I wish life was easier.

2 Likes

Yes, I know what you mean. I feel that way also. It’s good you see your doc soon. Let her know as much as you can. Life may always be challenging for us but on the right meds it can be so much better. I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s good to know I’m not alone. Much appreciated

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Definitely sounds like you need a need increase or straight up med change.

With the right meds you should have minimal positive symptoms. Definitely not dealing with as much as you are currently.

I’m sorry. I hope your pdoc is willing to help you. Just try to be as straightforward as possible. Tell them you’re having positive symptoms at an unsustainable level.

1 Like

I agree :100:! Thank you for the e good advice. I’m definitely going to ask for a meds increase because living like this is awful!

1 Like

ahh that sucks that you can’t do anything without getting triggered… i’d talk to your pdoc about it too, maybe they can do something to your meds so you feel more at ease.

1 Like

I’m doing better today. Throwing everything in my toolbox at my illness but mostly valium. Ok So I’m throwing valium at it (with in pdoc orders)and it seems to be working. Idk because it feels so random. Idk if what I’m doing is working or if I’m just having a good day.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.