Any good books lately?

Just got shipped Alex Trebeks book, arrived today!

I’m excited to read it, I’ve watched jeopardy for years, grew up with him. It’ll probably take me 2-3 days, depending on my concentration, and how often I pause.

Read any good books lately? Anything exciting you’re planning to read?

5 Likes

I am currently deeply reading “love in the time of cholera” and really enjoying it…it’s a love story.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to reading Zoey Punches The Future In The Dick when Mr. Star finishes reading ut. He had first dibs.

2 Likes

I’m listening to an audiobook of “betrayal of the body” . It was written in 1969 I think. It’s a psychologist’s view of mental disorders.

I read it when I was a teenager and thought it was amazing. But now I don’t think much of it. Funny how your attitude can change.

2 Likes

I’m reading Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan. It’s about the Australian Aborigines and puts our society to shame.

3 Likes

I’ve recently picked up where i left off reading my way through the Old Testament of the bible. I was going to McDonald’s and reading while drinking soda but had to quit when the pandemic hit. I’m not going to McDonald’s, just reading at home. I’m also thinking of re-reading The Grapes of Wrath. I really like John Steinbeck a lot and that’s my favorite novel.

2 Likes

Cool! I hear good things about that Trebek book.

I’m planning on finishing up my book about the films and career of Roger Corman in the future.

1 Like

My sister in law ordered and shipping me Elyn Saks, the centre cannot hold. I can’t wait to read it!!!

3 Likes

I just finished a good book on classical music. All the great composers of the past up to the late 20th century, their lives and their music.

Now, I’m reading a set of magazines called, Anglotopia. It’s all about the U.K. for Anglophiles from the U.S.

1 Like

A Promised Land by President Obama

1 Like

I picked up this philosophy book that I originally lost back in my old apartment called, “The Portable Nietzsche.” So far its good, but a little complicated considering the large vocabulary that is used. IT really stimulates me to think a little more. I just finished the diary of Anne Frank and it I enjoyed reading it! Any recommendations?

1 Like

I just finished the Grishaverse Trilogy. They were really good. Highly recommend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.