Any former/current Seroquel users?

I have 600 mg Seroquel a day, helps me to sleep better. I also have Zyprexa.

Yes, it did help. You answered my exact question. My son tried latuda back when he wasnā€™t compliant. And it was like he woke up, in a few days. I also asked because my son also has schizoaffective. the 40 mg was where I seen the greatest improvement. Shortly after he started the dr bumped him to 80. At 40 I could see the cognitive benefit that was suppose to happen. After 80 it went down hill from there. He was on nothing else, and due to his non compliance he probably wasnā€™t taking it regular. Sounds like a great combo for you. I do think he needed more mood stabilization on the 40. But like I said we didnā€™t get a good test run. It was quite disappointing because what I seen at first was wow my son is back. I continue to think we need to try It again but now that heā€™s taking medā€™s I hate to rock the boat. Thank you so much for your reply. And also, I study all of the meds, and latuda is proven at 40 to have antidepressant properties. I also had also thought about the lower dose Seroquel with the latuda. Butā€¦ we just want things better as you do too.

1 Like

Iā€™m with Anthony. Iā€™ve been Seroquel for two months now. Every increase has been to my benefit. Iā€™m not so scared anymore. The weird thoughts are slowing down and becoming less frequent.

Stay on the medsā€¦It can be trickyā€¦

1 Like

Yes they increased my Seroquel to a high dose. But once in a while these weird disturbing thoughts come rushing in. My dr. is looking into Clozipine.

I am on Seroquel 100 mg at night for sleep. I canā€™t take higher doses. It knocks me out. I was on Seroquel XR at 150 mg for a while but I asked the doctor for regular Seroquel and he changed it to a generic form.
I am also on 160 mg of Latuda during the day. I can see I live in a drugged state. Others are speeding around me. Itā€™s a joke.
It sounds like you have tardive dyskenisia with the inadvertent movements of your mouth. This is something that can be permanent. Speak with your doctor about it. Make sure you explain whatā€™s happening clearly and thoroughly as you did here in the forum. Make sure he takes some action.

aaron -

My son was at one time taking Seroquel. His dose went as high as 1200 mg. He got terrible headaches from it. It didnā€™t adequately treat his symptoms and so his doctor discontinued it.