Any Compliments Lately?

Today i was told i was very ‘open’ in my testimonial which i thought was great :grinning: its great to feel appreciated

what about you?

any compliments?

Had a good game of cricket last week. Batted well and a team mate congratulated me and said I batted well. Always good to get a nod from another person!

2 Likes

a forum member told me I was smart, a month or two ago. that was my last compliment. o also my mom told me I was a good looking young man. but she doesn’t like my beard. that was last week when she was looking at me I jokingly asked her if she was admiring my beauty lol.

2 Likes

I got called cute by a nice hippy girl at the pot shop getting some cbd. I think we were kinda flirting, but I can never tell

2 Likes

No I don’t get many compliments, but I don’t go out very often. I used to get complimented on my truck a lot, before I smashed it up during onset. It was a really nice blue 05 silverado that we got for 9k, had 60k miles on it, a full bed, and two eighty gallon gas tanks. It could hold a lot of gas.

2 Likes

I’m a fat mama. Nothing to compliment. My kids tell me they love me, thank me for meals, generally think I’m a good mama. I guess really that what matters.

4 Likes

Ive gotten some superficial compliments this year like how pretty my eyes are or I like your pedicure or clothes. Something like that.

3 Likes

Today at my mom’s pain doctor’s office an older gentleman commented positively on my new haircut. Made me feel good. Hell, I might start a new trend. :laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t think complimenting ones eyes is superficial! Complimenting ones boobs are. I get complimented on my cooking, which I love since I work so hard at it and I get complimented on my teeth.

3 Likes

guys, you got it going on man, well done

btw dont worry if you havent been complimented on very much bc we can do that for each other too,

personally i think you guys all are very unique and have a lot to offer, your are all tough cookies as they say, i think you learn to have a thick skin with this illness bc we put up with a lot of crap bc of it.

my motto is 'do what you can when you can and dont let the bastards get you down :slight_smile:

@nfy i’ve been a bit self conscious about my hair recently but an older man said it looked good and thought i’d just had it cut, another person said i need a hair cut lol, idk who to believe haha

@Ooorgle thats awesome, hope you get it on with someone :slight_smile:

@Lifer i guess you aint going to shave then? lol got to look good for the ladies :upside_down_face::wink:

1 Like

I love that quote, I have it in Latin on my bike, just to remind me everytime I go for a ride…illegitimi non carborundum

I was told my piano playing was “pretty” today.

1 Like

Do you ever cook southern style green beans with bacon and garlic? You had a thread about food, openING a restaurant. Eclairs with custard are good, too.

I know. I know. I’m late lolol

It’s a great piece, Skinny!

1 Like

@JustTrish, What piece are you talking about?

Oops, Skinny. The piano you have is beautiful! I used to play. :smiley:

1 Like

I was recently told that my silver hair was beautiful and also that I myself was beautiful. Isn’t that nice to be told?

1 Like

Yes, Skinny. I still get the eyes compliments, but most are that I’m nice, supportive, or thoughtful.

1 Like

I haven’t been complimented in a really really long time. :-1:

A young girl said,‘icould tell by you eyes you were spiritual or in the know’. But she really didn’t finish. I just took it as a compliment because she goes to my church. My eyes? Surely you jest.

1 Like