Any Christmas shopping being done?

Near the first week in December I am going to mail my cousin Trevor a sunflower painting and “the kiss” a reproduction piece for his long time girlfriend Amelia. I am giving my best friend a replica painting of R2D2 when he visits this December 1st. Very much in the holiday spirit this year. Doing a bit of online shopping like getting a miniature LED colored light Christmas tree (26") I also want to do Christmas cards still. Mom says nobody does it anymore and I know that’s true because I hardly get any cards back. but I enjoy doing it. Anybody got plans for Christmas shopping?

3 Likes

There are some young nieces and nephews in the mix… Yes… we do buy toys and stuff for them. (amazon.com) Already on the way.

Everyone else… My sis makes a baked goods basket… or we make stuff for people.

Nothing KILLS the season for me faster then the thought of going to a mall. I avoid them at all cost.

1 Like

Saw pink and blue Christmas trees today when I was out. What ever happened to green trees? :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

About Greeting Cards - General Facts

Americans purchase approximately 6.5 billion greeting cards each year. Annual retail sales of greeting cards are estimated between $7 and $8 billion.

The most popular Seasonal cards are Christmas cards, with some 1.6 billion units purchased (including boxed cards). This is followed by cards for Valentine’s Day (145 million units, not including classroom valentines), Mother’s Day (133 million units), Father’s Day (90 million units), Graduation (67 million units), Easter (57 million units), Halloween (21 million units), Thanksgiving (15 million units) and St. Patrick's Day (7 million units).
2 Likes

@77nick77 thanks for that…so cards are still held up as traditional…cool.

I finished shopping early this year, but I might go into auxiliary shopping mode as I messed up the gift balance for my younger siblings.

Here is my list:

Kids: Frisbees and a journal for little sis, so I’ve got to get stuff for the boys

Older Bro: Pants & Dr. Who Glow in the Dark Shirt

Sis in Law: Scarf & Dr. Who Glow in the Dark Shirt

Mom: Scarf & Fancy Soap

Step mom: Scarf

Dad: Picture Frame

Aunt: Scarf

College aged Bro: Smartphone holder arm band for exercising

The reason why I have 2 gifts for Big Bro and Sis in Law is that the shirts didn’t come out exactly as I had planned. The seller put their freakin’ trade mark right in the middle, so now there night shirts and I got extra.

1 Like

sounds like scarf is a good choice for buying a gift for women, doesn’t it?

I like scarves and have more than 20 new scarves in my wardrob.

2 Likes

Giving everyone bed sheet sets this year. $25.00 reduced to $11.75.

3 Likes

I wish I had the money to do Christmas shopping. I’m thinking about getting a loan next week. I do gift cards it gets the job done, lol.

I don’t do X-mas cards these days. $1 apiece for postage. Eeeeep. X-mas shopping done online.

10-96

Were they those aluminum foil-like trees with pink + blue lights that rotated + made the tree change colors? My uncle had one of those when I was a kid. They were considered 'modern".

1 Like

Pillow cases also get the job done. :sleeping:

Saw a 2 pack going for $2.99

1 Like

Yes. Even had blue tinsel+ oversized silver ornaments. :grimacing:

I bought my brother a craft knife + blades that he told me to give him last summer. Other than that presents for two kids. A friend is going to take me to the UNICEF store + a couple of other places to look. A cd of all my movies for my other brother -

I send + receive Christmas cards to/from the few people I know. I like doing that.
I might get calendars finished by New Years.

1 Like

Those are winners…

I always like receiving those.

my grandma had a Christmas tree like that. All silvery and shiny.

1 Like

I do not buy any Christmas gifts, but I give a small monetary gift to my God daughter as I do on every Christmas.

1 Like

I got an icecream maker for my colleague… I’m her secret santa :smile:

2 Likes