Any alternatives to turkey?

Turkey with stuffing and gravy and also smoked pork tenderloin with smoked apples made into applesauce.

2 Likes

What is Yorkshire pudding?

2 Likes

I was for pizza when I was younger and would still eat it. I’m having ham and a nice brisket that my brother is cooking. Whatever you have enjoy it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Chicken with prawns? That sounds terrible haha. To be fair though I dont eat prawns what so ever.

2 Likes

wow, you guys all sound like good cooks

I know we’ll have the cheese balls with crackers

that my daughter got us

I’d like to make some dips with those big dipper chips

not sure yet what Phil will make

I was going to say an alternative to turkey is duck
but I refuse to eat duck, they are a special bird.

1 Like

My mom makes quiches every year for Christmas breakfast, and we just eat that all day long. We do breakfast instead of dinner, because when we were younger we always woke up at like 5 AM (right after my parents were done setting everything up) and then we all passed out long before dinner time.

2 Likes

No, what I meant is that we have 4 different meats / seafood to choose from. The chicken is not mixed in with the prawns. The chicken, prawns, turkey, ham are all separate
From each other and we choose what we each have on our plate. Hope thIs made sense.

Thanks

2 Likes

Christmas goose!!!

1 Like

This reminds me of the ending scene of the movie A Christmas Story where they’re at the Chinese restaurant and the guy brings out the duck with the head still on it and the narrator says this was the year they were introduced to Chinese turkey.

3 Likes

I might ask my mum to get a little ham so we can have both x

I like honey glazed ham,especially the end bits, my mum did it I think with brown sugar. It was delicious.

2 Likes

The big gathering we have 2 kinds of meatballs and ham for the proteins. Sides are several types of salads and mashed potatoes and corn and stuffing. Followed by a bunch of sweets

My kids and I have finger foods followed by sweets.

We all aren’t super crazy about turkey

3 Likes

We usually do the chicken, ham and prawns. It’s summer so we don’t like heavy meals at lunch when we usually eat. Dinner is usually just leftovers as most of the family has a decent drink so that works well.

1 Like

when I lived with my mother I would blow my money on cajun food to make for the family all the time and sometimes mom would buy the ingredients…fried chicken etoufee, jambalaya, and gumbo…yum…the family said it was a success one Christmas party…I just got done posting my jambalaya recipe on @FatMama thread.

2 Likes

yayy, my mum got some ham lol

you should try seasoned tofu with stir fry vegatables and pasta or potatoes and get a good vegan sauce such as “meridian” ( that’s the brand name) korma sauce

if you cant go vegan on Christmas day, you could follow the new craze which is veganuary…that’s going vegan for january

carnage

not particularly good at vegan but i believe in it

hypocrisy (mine)

I’ll have cauliflower and chapati and scrambled tofu
probably with milk chocolate vegan protein shake and a massive load of buttery eggy stuffe

Ham, lamb, chicken, roast beef, fish etc…

Think outside the box, how about some Italian food like pasta or pizza! :smile:

1 Like

i think it should be something different from what you normally get throughout the year

1 Like