Any alternatives to turkey?

i get fed up with turkey on Christmas, i want something different,

i want a large variety pack containing finger foods for starters

a nice roast but not turkey, i think i’d like roast beef and yorkshire pudding with maybe a bit of ham or something,

desert will have to be extravagant like me :rofl: i want something with ice cream, like sticky toffee pudding with cream and ice cream nom nom

what are you guys having?

2 Likes

Beef is fine to have I have it each Christmas.

1 Like

Just the usual turkey dinner for us as far as i know. Sometimes we have ham though. I think i prefer ham over turkey.

1 Like

Some people have fish :fish::fish::fish:

2 Likes

Well In my family’s case, we have filet mignon and lobster :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Whoooo!! Fancy!! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Lol I don’t like lobster I just eat the steak. My sister is a pescatarian only eats seafood so mom makes both.

2 Likes

my mums going to have a fit :frowning: and my sister, i think they already bought it so i might just have to eat it, i like it, its ok, i just wanted a change, i had it every year for the last 30 odd years lol

Since I’m a vegan, my provider used to make a tofu turkey for me every Thanksgiving. She hasn’t been able to lately but it was fun.

4 Likes

There is vegan tofurkey at some supermarkets.

I was a vegan for eight months and am a bit of a wanna be now but still eat meat and dairy.

Your other suggestions sound good.

Christmas ham is so delicious.

We are roasting a chicken.
We can not afford turkey.

But it depends what you chose to spend money on.
I spent more money on food when I lived by myself and spend a lot less money with my boyfriend because he has set things he will not buy because it’s too expensive he thinks.

Sometimes I buy things by myself that he would never buy.

2 Likes

Cornish hen, Beef ribs salmon, honey baked ham

2 Likes

I say go for something with chicken in it.

Lidl do a five bird roast

I like to have honey ham on Christmas.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll treat myself to pizza on Christmas.
I don’t know yet.

3 Likes

sorry, the thought of that makes me want to hurl haha :confused:

@Wave are you serious? :joy: haha ‘pizza’ damn that aint no proper xmas meal lol

1 Like

We always have leg-a-lamb, sweet peas, mint jelly, potatoes, orange jello, rolls and some kinda dessert im left to make, which is fine cause i love baking😁

3 Likes

We have turkey, ham, chicken and prawns. And roast potato , roast pumpkin and onions.

For desert we have pavlova every year, do you get pavlova in the US? Might just be an Australian thing.

4 Likes

Eat what you would like.