Schizophrenia.com

Antisocial personality disorder

That’s awful @SacredNeigh7. I was also abused and so was my sister. My mom always put her boyfriends first and believed them over us. I get along well with my mom now though. She’s a good mom now. I haven’t seen her in over a year though due to covid. I used to see her once a year. She lives in Florida and I’m in Michigan so seeing each other is tough. But I’m glad I have a mom now in my adult life. It’s better than nothing that’s for sure

1 Like

Are you able to empathize with others? Do you get emotionally involved with others? Does violence excite you? My dad is a sociopath. He can’t empathize, he’s not emotionally invested and he used to be very violent. My husband just thinks he stopped the violent behavior because it wasn’t getting him what he wanted, so he adjusted to be better able to manipulate

1 Like

A bit. I have no emotions, just anger. Violence excites me but I don’t like doing it as I feel a bit of regret after like when I injured my brother.

1 Like

I don’t understand this thread title.

My Aunty is very social!

1 Like

Yes I get along better with my mum now she is single I think.
But we had n have a awkward relationship even when she is single but it’s better than when she has a abusive partner.he never abused her n she said she would leave him if he did n I thought thanks you let him abuse me though…

It sucks when they always put their boyfriends husbands wife’s girlfriend first and if they are abusive they never defend you and when they are mocking your pain laugh at you not with you but at you and your suffering.

My dad pretty much said he left his kids out of his will.
He used to be rich but gave a house to his x and money to his other x and is giving all he has to his wife cause he is scared she will leave him.
We don’t get anything.
He openly says he never wanted children though.

I love them all unconditionally but happy to not have to live with them anymore.

I’m glad you are in good relationship with your mum now.
You must miss her if you haven’t seen her for a year.

1 Like

If you feel bad you probably aren’t a sociopath

2 Likes

Your dad is such a jerk! I’m sorry you grew up with that as well as the abuse. Do you not trust men in general now? I don’t trust men easily at all

I’m worried that I was a terrorist. I think I am still, but maybe in your case you’re delusional? They say there’s no link between terrorism and mental illness.

Yeah. @Aziz has your pdoc ever told you you may have OCD? Intrusive sexual thoughts I think is called Pure O.

1 Like

I just have these thoughts occasionally, its not always like in OCD. Idk if its worth it to be on SSRIs especially since they can worsen psychosis.

1 Like

No he never did.

1 Like

My dad when I was 5 or 6 left the state to get work. While he was gone my mom had at least 2 boyfriends and maybe a 3rd. So yeah she was sleeping with men behind my dad’s back. She went motorcycle riding with a guy that we were living with and left me alone 5 years old in this guy’s house. He had 2 teen boys who both messed with me.

I learned from an early age that a woman’s value to a man depends on if she can please him sexually. That I learned from my dad. At least that’s the vibe he put off and that hurt me badly. I hated men for years.

At the time of her death though my mother was a true blue Christian and my dad is too now. I’ve seen him looking at women the way he used to but he doesn’t treat them like he used to.

2 Likes

It’s nice when people change for the better. It’s such a relief and gives a sense of hope

1 Like

I think the classic definition of a psychopath is someone who feels no empathy for anyone else. You don’t seem anything like that on this forum.

The meds are partially responsible for making us antisocial. People who are medicated on AP’s has a tendency to end up as loners. Meds make us less motivated, and less up to be social and compresses our feelings I guess.

2 Likes

It seems like life has been very hard with you at times. I hope things improve for you and you can find peace in your heart.

I love my dad unconditionally but am disappointed that he gave everything to his girlfriends and not to his children.

I have been raped many times and I have memories of molestation but was told it’s a delusions.

I was “easy “ when very drunk aswell and although I didn’t enjoy it I let it happen .
Thankfully don’t drink alcohol anymore.

My x boyfriend in sa is the best man I ever met.

Thanks to him specially I know there are amazing men out there who will love you truly sincerely no bull sh it.

I definitely trust my x boyfriend in sa.

I was bullied by teen boys too so was treated badly by guys but now I’m older I would rather isolate than tolerate or put up with abuse.

I believe I can trust men.
Just not most men.:open_mouth::wink:
But a precious few yeah.

1 Like

I’m the same as you. I now believe good men exist. But I still don’t trust most men.

1 Like

Isn’t there generic injections like generic pills?

Yes. Paliperidone (generic Invega) is $1500 per injection

1 Like

Wow thats still too much.

1 Like