Antipsychotic withdrawal

Hi everyone

My doctor told me that some people have recovered from a schizoaffective bipolar type.

Although I had several relapses over years ago, my doctor said that in two years he will remove the drugs.

I want to make it clear that I am free of symptoms, I practice sports and have interests and friends.

Has your doctor given you hopes for drug withdrawal in the future?

1 Like

My doc never mentioned such a thing. They told me that I was going to be on meds for life.

1 Like

I was told I need meds for life.

Another lifer here too.

One more lifer here. For me, the reason I am doing so well is because I take my meds religiously. I am still sick under there, but the meds control it. If I went off the meds, I’d be psychotic again.

My doctor tried to taper down my meds last year, after two years symptom free. It didn’t go well for me, but it might for you. My doc says she might try again in five years, but I’m not sure if I want to.

My pdoc gave me hopes for drug withdrawal but i don’t think about it because it’s not a certain thing and the risk is a bit high. Have to wait and see the course of illness, calmly

I also have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type and after four years I went into remission and came off my meds with permission from my pdoc at the time.

However five years later I relapsed and been on meds ever since. That was seven years ago and my pdocs all think it’s a bad idea to come off.