Schizophrenia.com

Antibiotics

I’m sad because my MRSA has flared up again and I need to take antibiotics. Last time this happened, the antibiotics had the side effect of giving me suicidal ideation. Now that I have my son, I really want to be able to be happy and fun, especially for his first week with us. But I can’t just ignore MRSA, so I have to bite the bullet.

I’m taking a probiotic this time, to hopefully help with the side effects. I assume the depression was part of my gut biome being off, because I don’t normally get depressed like that.

1 Like

I am sorry you are sad…but I understand why you’re sad and I don’t blame you a bit…I’m sure you will be happy and fun just having your new child there…don’t worry too much…

1 Like

Yeah I get terribly anxious on some antibiotics. Hope you heal quickly

1 Like

You’re right. I am in a much better place than I was last year. I shouldn’t psych myself out or I might get psychosomatic symptoms. I will stay on top of things and keep being cheery.

On the plus side, if I do get depressed, it will be a good opportunity to talk about depression with my son. He has depression, and it would probably be a comfort to know that adults can feel that way too, and we can still live the lives we choose despite that.

1 Like

I’m sorry @ninjastar. I hope everything works out.

I guess I didn’t know that MRSA is something that doesn’t go away.

1 Like

Yeah. Once you test positive, it’s always living inside you, and you have to be very careful with open wounds because it could get back in your bloodstream. This time it was an ingrown hair in my armpit. Seems harmless, but I only noticed it yesterday and by today it was so bad that I could barely move my arm.

1 Like

Gah. Can’t sleep. I’m going to blame the antibiotics even though the more likely reason is that I’ve had chronic insomnia since I was a toddler.

Blah I feel super duper icky right now. I think the probiotic is helping, because I don’t want to die, but I’m still pretty sad. I need cheer ups.

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1529778873920-4da4926a72c2?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&w=1000&q=80

6 Likes

How long more do you have to be on antibiotics ? They seem to mess with abilify too for what it’s worth.

Here’s a cheerup :

3 Likes

I took my last dose this morning, but my body will probably be out of whack for at least another week. On the plus side, my arm is almost totally healed up. Another downside of antibiotics, for those of us with indoor plumbing, is the havoc it reeks on your pH. Haven’t been able to have “Alone time” with Mr. Star in over a week. And honestly, we probably wouldn’t have had time anyways, because we’re busy with the kid, but it would be nice to have the option!

3 Likes