Anti-Depressants With No Side-Effects?

Hi everyone. Are you on any antidepressants that don’t cause side-effects such as hunger and sexual dysfunction? Or have you tried any that don’t cause these side-effects??

I really like Cymbalta/duloxetine.

2 Likes

Did those cause any side-effects?

Not that I’m aware of. This is the third time I’ve used it and haven’t noticed side effects. But I’ve always been in a dozen other meds along with it, so they’re might be things I just don’t notice.

This time I did get vertigo for about a month after first starting it, but it went away eventually.

1 Like

I don’t have any side effects with Lexapro.

1 Like

How long have you been on it?

2 or 3 years. I take 10 mg usually but if the winter gets too depressing to me, I take 20 mg. It is quite effective and, as I said, no noticeable side effects.

1 Like

I take Venlafaxine (Effexor) 225 mg. The only side effect i get is myoclonic jerks but they are very mild. I used to take Duloxetine (Cymbalta) and that gave me myoclocic jerks so bad that my partner thought i was having a seizure when in bed overnight. I’ve been on Venlafaxine on and off for about 3 years (on and off because i’d been non-compliant with taking my medication). Overall, however, it is the best anti-depressant i’ve been on. The small side effect i get with the myoclonic jerks pails in comparison to the benefits i get from it.

1 Like

Vortioxetine (Brintellix/Trintellix) barely had any side-effects for me. The only thing was slight diarrhea from time to time, otherwise very nice. No sexual dysfunction & actually somewhat decreased hunger.

1 Like

I have no side affects with Zoloft. Well my arm used to shake a lot but now it barely does anymore.

But everybody is different just gotta find one that works for u :slight_smile:

1 Like