Another week of work is upon us schizophrenics that are employed

I have been at my current employment for 3-4 weeks now. I enjoy the fact that I serve some purpose for a business and utilize my time during the 5-day work week. I received my first full 2-week paycheck last Friday and am satisfied. My last employer before this job I had worked for was 8 months until some conflict of a circumstance ended my job.

How many jobs has any forum user had on this forum and how long have you’ve held your previous or current employment?

3 Likes

A year because I became a full time student.

2 Likes

I had 5 different jobs that I considered permanent employment in my life…although I also did some "here and there " work for a couple other companies.
The length of time on each of those jobs varied from 3 years to like 25 years. I was working 2 jobs prior to getting schizophrenia. I haven’t worked in like 6 or 7 years now though. I am 48 years old.

3 Likes

I’ve been at my job for 13 years. My sza developed during that time. Thankfully because of my tenure and where I work, I’ve gotten great support and accommodations to continue working there, though I’ve come close to leaving more than once.

3 Likes

Wow. 5 different jobs. That is way more than the amount of jobs I have ever had.

1 Like

At my current job, I have 5 months.what do you do for work?

1 Like

I had around 7 - 8 jobs in 7 years

1 Like

I work at a Chocolate Retailer now but before I worked at a warehouse for alcohol. How about you? Where did you work for those past 7 jobs?

1 Like

All kinds of jobs, from a credit loaner to a security guard to a barman to a kitchen helper etc . Now I work as a upholsterer

1 Like

Wow, 13 years with one employer. That’s almost like a normal person working.

2 Likes

Can you work now after your time being a student is over?

1 Like

Yeah, I had 2 manufacturing jobs, A janitorial job, A security job(This one is the one I worked part time for 20 some years) and an electrical job.

3 Likes

Yeah I know I’m incredibly fortunate for the support there. Right now I’m down to working from home all the time.

1 Like

Bravo! Getting paid to stay home and work. That’s the work life of being really fortunate.

1 Like

I can’t count how many jobs I’ve had tbh. I’m only 28. I have a habit of calling off so much and getting anxious I’ll be fired so I quit, or I get too bored because of my possible adhd

1 Like

Sorry to hear your difficulties with holding a stable job. Employment is not for all schizophrenics that’s for sure. All the best dude.

2 Likes

I could do super part time. Right now I do 20 to 25 hrs and it’s too much for me. Ideally it would be 2 or 3 short shifts a week instead of 4

1 Like

Part-time is good since you could still qualify for disability benefits at the same time. Also, volunteering is helpful.

2 Likes

Yes I like the idea of volunteering but I cant afford to use up my energy doing something and not getting paid right now. I used to volunteer in the americorps and with the animal shelter

2 Likes

I was a data analyst before covid for 6 years. Ended up trying to commit suicide, so I had to give that up

Been landscaping ever since

Now I am in limbo as I have no projects as me and my CPN thought it best to cancel them for health reasons

Been applying for jobs and posting on Linked In so hopefully I can restart the data role again soon

Landscaping also got a bit much, but depression is a ■■■■■

1 Like