Another match wants to meet me but I'm shy now

After the fiasco with my first match I’m a little worried to meet up with this next fellow. I guess one bad apple really shouldn’t ruin the whole batch but that’s how it seems. The other thing is this guy is really good looking and for some reason that is intimidating to me. I know you can’t judge a book by it’s cover but I can’t help it. I need some confidence. I still haven’t answered him if I’m going to meet him or not. It’s just coffee. I do like coffee.

3 Likes

You could always wait and build up your confidence some more, just don’t do anything you’re not comfortable with and don’t ignore any red flags. How long do you usually talk to someone before you meet them if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Yeah, I would probably want to talk and get to know each other a bit more before risking meeting up.

2 Likes

I’ve never met anyone before. These two guys are the first two guys I’ve ever talked to before. I just got divorced so I’m new to meeting people online. I guess I should wait awhile?

1 Like

@Leaf, my advice is to take it offline if you like someone but that doesn’t have to be in person. A phone call works. I just think people are able to take time and craft answers online but in a conversation they have to respond as they think.

No need to waste time if they’re creepy irl.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree with LED, maybe talk with them a bit more before meeting up. Also, if you do decide to meet them, meet in a public place (coffee shop sounds good) and have an excuse lined up in case you need to get out of there quickly. Oh, and make sure you let a friend or someone know when you’re going on the date, just to be extra safe. Good luck!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.