Another good atheist writer

Carl Sagan and Richard Dawkins have been mentioned. My favorite is Daniel Dennett, who wrote “Breaking the Spell, Religion as a Natural Phenomenon” and “Darwin’s Dangerous Idea.”

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. I am always looking to expand my reading. I’ve never heard of this person… Now I have. :smiley:

I have heard of him. He is a philosopher. For a while I was reading anything I could find on antheism. I am still curious about the near death experience and it has balanced the atheism. I think there could possibly be an afterlife. Dan Harris, another atheist who is a neurobiologist says you can’t rule out an afterlife until consciousness is fully understood.

I’ve also thought of it as a natural phenomena, religions are a product of evolution actually.

It’s quite funny down here at times, there are very very proud people speaking of evolution and getting down on the religions that are a product of it.

And then there are the ones who teach nature, well, everything is natural, everything is nature, even religions are. They say i don’t need or want religion im fine with nature, or nature is enough, well nature produced religions.

Be agnostic, i implore you, after what i’ve seen you’ll be way better off with agnosticism, everyone would.

1 Like

For a good book on near-death experiences, see "How We Die, Reflections on Life’s Final Chapter

Still can’t get a reply finished. The author of “How We Die” is Sherwin B. Nuland. He’s a doctor and he covers all types of dying experiences: heart attacks, cancer, accidents, violent deaths, natural deaths, etc. It’s essentially a medical book but has atheist reflections on life and death.

Sam Harris is an atheist who believes there could be an afterlife. I find that books on the near death experience are quite compelling and can’t be ignored.