Anorexia: why embarrassment still stops so many men from getting help

2 Likes

It’s hard to admit you have a problem. Especially when all you hear is you have to be thin to be happy and desirable and loved.

I’m still struggling with my eating disorder

4 Likes

You sound like one of those ássholes who says that they want to have schizophrenia because they think it would be fun to hear voices.

2 Likes

It would be nice to not always feel like I’m starving. I can be full and still be hungry.

1 Like

When I had anorexia I constantly felt like I was starving, and if I stood up too quickly I would pass out from low blood pressure. I worry that it damaged my heart. I also had constant headaches because I would refuse water because it would make me heavier.

2 Likes

What makes you think they don’t always feel like they’re starving?
Some people just have loads of self-control.

I was diagnosed with Willis-Prader at age five. I’ve been in eating clinics with many anorexics and I know some who don’t ever feel hungry. I’d like to not always feel hungry. That’s how I know.

I often don’t feel full up after eating .

Trust me when you don’t eat all day you feel it when you dont eat for 2 it ■■■■■■■ hurts. Go longer it only gets worse

That sort of happens sometimes when you suppress those feelings for a long time.

It’s a problem I’d like to have. I’m at the other end of the extreme.

Trust me, it sucks. Eating becomes a chore and you feel sick and tired all the time. I don’t think it’s any better than your current problem.

1 Like

I’d like to trade for some different problems, tired of the ones I have.

1 Like

It still seems incredibly insensitive and disrespectful to say such things as if one condition outweighs the other

Okay, the post flagging is getting a bit silly. I’m sharing about my own medical condition and how frustrating it is. I’d like to have a health problem that goes in the opposite direction if I must have one. This isn’t allowed?

I think people might be thinking you’re saying your health problems are worse than anyone else’s

1 Like