Angry Rant

So I’m doing the dishes and I start thing about how much stress was put on about doing them when my step mother lived here. She would whine and complain about the dishes not being done, not being done her way, even if it wasn’t your fault. Then she wouldn’t shut up about it and get all worked up and mad about it. Then when you finally had enough she would act like she didn’t know why you were tired of hearing her bitch and moan about some ■■■■■■■ dishes. And to top it off she does some pretty terrible act at being nice and telling you “you shouldn’t be _____”.

Like some off the wall ranting monkey has the authority to tell you what you should be. Like anyone has the authority to tell you what you should be. What happened to her is a natural reaction to any angry tantrum gone on for far too long.

OK rant over. I’m going to talk about butterflys and trees and sun shining on the valley below.

1 Like

She doesn’t live with you anymore does she? If not, thank goodness! Who needs those tantrums?

1 Like

No she doesn’t. :smiley:

I get thoughts about it sometimes and have to calm myself down.

Here in Australia when we hear about things like you are going through, we say “she really did a number on you!”

And it sounds like she left a really awful impression. Good riddance, I say!

1 Like

Geez, sounds like some kind of ptsd. I don’t blame you from what you’ve described.

1 Like

Yeah I would have to go through things like having to touch dirty dish water even though we had a functional dish washer. And while I was working up the nerve to stick my hands in the water, she would come up and scold me about it.

She would scold me about anything I wasn’t fast enough for her, for. If she wanted a reply in a conversation, you would have to learn how to stop thinking before you speak because she would scold you for not answering fast enough.

I know a woman like that, she did end up changing though. But someone like that changing is quite rare.

1 Like

Yeah I’m just glad I can come her and know that and validating my experience because my Dad mostly pretends it doesn’t happen now. Before he would attack me as if I were exaggerating the whole situation. Now hearing you say you know a woman who sounds like mine is a valuable implication.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my stepfather, although he is not the scold you say your stepmother was. I am coming around to thinking I better DO the dishes as he says. It might teach me some self discipline. It is not good to hold on to rancour at other people. It harms US, not them.

It helps to vent. I’m glad you got it out, instead of keeping it in and letting it eat at you.

1 Like