And the Academy Award goes to

If there would be a category for best mentally dissordered appearance, who would it be? Write down:
name of the actor/actress, movie, and the character played.

*Russell Crowe and Angelina are excluded. Tom Cruise as well.

My choice: Sean Gullette, Pi, Max Cohen

I think Winona Rider in Girl Interrupted was really well, but I liked Angelina Jolie’s performance better, but since she’s excluded… I’ll go with Robin Williams in The Fisher King

3 Likes

Kathy Bates in Misery was pretty damn disturbed.

4 Likes

Also Rooney Mara, in Soderberg’s Side Effects, great performance

4 Likes

Jack Nicolson in the The Shining

3 Likes

This is probably old school to most of you guys but Jack Nicholson in “One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest”.
For those of you have seen the movie did you know that some of those patients in the hospital were not actors? Some of those people were patients in real life.

Also, speaking of patients, you might recognize a young Danny Devito playing a patient. Also Christopher Lloyd. Both went on to bigger careers after that movie and coincidentily they both ended up on the very same popular 1970’s sitcom “Taxi”. In the megahit “Back to the Future”, that’s Christopher Lloyd playing the eccentric doctor.

9 Likes

You’re a walking IMDB Trivia :smile:

2 Likes

Peter Greene in Clean, Shaven.

2 Likes

Jason Statham in Revolver, greaaaaaat movie

1 Like

Brad Pitt in 12 monkeys?

5 Likes

I agree, a very touching movie, great acting too. And that bitch nurse.

2 Likes

Summer Glau as River Tam. I relate to her performances so much!

2 Likes

Michael Shannon - he played a schizophrenic character called Peter Evans in the 2006 film Bugs, and also in the 2011 film Take Shelter… He’s actually played a troubled character in several films, I think he’s really good at portraying someone with mental health problems, very realistic. Also Harriet Andersson in Through a Glass Darkly… one of my favourite films.

2 Likes

Kathy Bates also played a woman with schizoaffective disorder in My Sister’s Keeper, I love that movie, Kathy Bates is amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

as well as throughout the American Horror Story series. I think she might be a psychopath in real life :wink:

1 Like

Captain Jack Sparrow…

1 Like

Never heard of that movie, have to check it out. Tnx!

1 Like

Leo dicaprio isn’t discluded??? He wins for shutter island. He the man…

4 Likes

yep, but he didn’t win an Oscar for it. And he’s not Tom Cruise.

1 Like

Dicaprio in the Aviator was pretty damned good.
Also Jack Nicholson in As Good As it Gets.
Kevin Spacey in Kpax

2 Likes