Ancient fast food restaurant

2000 year old fast food restaurant !

13 Likes

Yes I read this yesterday. I’d already read about them in the National Geographic history magazine.

1 Like

Wow that is so cool! I love that they even had the plaster painted to look like bricks. Guess we humans have been just as tacky since the dawn of civilization.

1 Like

Wow, that’s so sonder-y.

Noun. sonder (uncountable) (neologism) The profound feeling of realizing that everyone, including strangers passed in the street, has a life as complex as one’s own, which they are constantly living despite one’s personal lack of awareness of it.

2 Likes

They were ahead of their time.

I wonder if the employees had to wear funny uniforms.

2 Likes

I love stuff like this that proves people have always been people, regardless of time or place. You have angry employees writing graffiti behind the counter, yellow paint = fast food, apartment complexes, enthusiasm for local sports teams, cheap food meant to be filling, just all of it is so amazing!

4 Likes

There’s a cave in Scandinavia with some Norse runes like 14ft up on the wall.
When they finally managed to decipher it, know what it said? “This is really high”.
I’ve also heard of other cultures having grafitti like “[name] has a small penis” and such.

3 Likes

Yeah I love things like that!

1 Like

I love ancient history. Wanted to be an archeologist at one time.

3 Likes

Do rome people eat dolphin also?because there is dolphin pictures as well as with other edible animals at that shop

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.