An Idea For The Mods

Perhaps you should post a sticky with the heading…

Introduce Yourself

…a thread for new joiners to offer a bit about themselves.

Just an idea.

3 Likes

I like the idea. I get an idea of regular posters but some people I still know very little about and I’m here a bit through the day.

It is always nice to know the background of people you respond to but I also realize that keeping things private is also something people here need…I guess if people are open then that isn’t a bad thing. If you want to remain private more power to you.

2 Likes

I have seen this on other forums, and I have wondered if we should add a section here. My concerns would be

1. People replying to long gone short term members
  2. If someone posts in the welcome thread, they might not get as much attention as making their own introduction thread.

What does everyone else think of this idea?

• Make a sticky introduction thread for new members
  • Leave things alone and let them create their own introduction thread

0 voters

Maybe post more cat posts …

Looks like everyone is pretty evenly split. Does anyone want to state their reasons for voting by chance?

Maybe pin a thread telling new members to post a thread introducing themselves.

I see the benefits/flaws of both the stated ways.

Not sure if there is a real solution.

1 Like

Nobody will look at the pinned thread after a while probably. That way new users might not get a welcome.

2 Likes

Just my observation;

Leave it, Most new members who want to introduce themselves will do so voluntarily. Not bothering to use the sticky thread, if their filters are even set to see it.

But I’ve seen plenty of trend of someone signing up to post due to a very specific forum response currently in progress or question on their mind, sans introduction.

With a sticky thread I foresee issues with new members hijacking in multiple directions without meaning to. It would get confusing imo.

My take only.

3 Likes