Amisulpride approved by FDA in US for Postop Nausea and Vomiting

I really hope the US starts to trust this drug and eventually give approval for Schizophrenia.

The US members of the forum deserve to have this drug made available.

Might not work for you all, but it is a solid option and really pulled me out of a problem with meds side effects.

Fingers crossed for our US friends that they can get this treatment if they choose too

4 Likes

What does it feel like?

How do you mean?

Risperdal gives me a headache, do you feel bad taking it?

I have no side effects except for high prolactin, and it treats my symptoms well

1 Like

For very treatment resistant cases of sz in the U.K. poly pharmacy of clozapine + amisulpride is often seen as the gold standard in treatment.

1 Like

I sent the fda an email saying I think they should approve it. I wonder if I made a difference

1 Like

Well I think this is a good step forward for Amisulpride to enter the US market.

I hope it does as everyone should have the right to treatment.

We don’t have Gedeon here and if we did I’d try it

1 Like

i heard Clozapine was supposed to be ‘gold standard’ but didnt know you can take Amisulpride with it,

I manage really well on a small dose of Amisulpride, i would swear by it, its a wonder drug for me.

@Joker do you take Amisulpride? idk what the success rate of it is, i’d like to know

1 Like

Yeah when clozapine alone doesn’t work they sometimes add amisulpride

1 Like

Courtesy of wiki
In a 2013 study in a comparison of 15 antipsychotic drugs in effectiveness in treating schizophrenic symptoms, amisulpride was ranked second and demonstrated high effectiveness. 11% more effective than olanzapine (3rd), 32-35% more effective than haloperidol, quetiapine, and aripiprazole, and 25% less effective than clozapine (1st)

2 Likes

I take 800mg Amisulpride. I have been on it for 18 months now and it still works well

2 Likes

If its working well i wouldnt mess with it, i only take 200mg a day, and its considered a therapeutic dose but i thank god every day for this, its the best imo,

I have three times higher than high range number of prolactin.

I am worried in years to come it will thin my bones but I was told the benefit outweighs the risk somehow

I’d be really excited to try this one. I can’t take atypicals, but I know this one isn’t a normal atypical so I hope it’s an option for me if I ever need to change meds again.

2 Likes

I have hope. The FDA will hopefully approve it soon for sz

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

do you know why it isnt approved already?

Marketing, profit.

American healthcare I think has prevented it.

It’s pretty much everywhere except for US and Canada

1 Like

i thought there were proper health reasons,

who makes it? who has the rights to it?

Not that I have seen but I may be wrong

1 Like