Amisulpride and periods

Hello everyone!

Is there any woman who has experienced getting her periods when on Amisulpride? I started taking Amisulpride (250 mg) in October and had my period in December despite having elevated prolactin levels. I have not experienced that before with other antipsychotics especially because the other antipsychotics also elevated prolactin levels.

I am male and take Amisulpride.

I know that it messes with this kind of thing more than other AP’s.

Unfortunately you need to decide what is more important to you side effects wise.

Sexual problems, weight gain (Inc. Diabetes), movement problems.

If you research the common side effects of all available, you will have to make a decision as to what you prefer.

I chose Amisulpride because I find the weight gain problematic, and I was on Haldol and the movement problems were too much for me.

It really boils down to your personal choice of what medication you wish to take, and weigh up the benefits with the downsides.

Sorry I cannot help on your central point.

2 Likes

I’m a female and I’ve been on 200-400mg amisulpride for seven years. Fortunately I still get my periods as normal. I have a long period of 9 days but it was always long anyway.

Thanks for the reply!

I just have a question. Did your periods come every month saadiqah and do you take Amisulpride every single day?

Yes my period I get every month and take 400mg amisulpride every day.

Do you have high prolactin levels?

Hi there
Sorry for the late reply!
I don’t know what my prolactin levels are. I don’t leak much from my breasts like I used to when I took risperidone. So maybe amisulpride better for me.