Am looking to buy at least 8 stocks, some advice would be appreciated

My main interest in stocks is dividends, so lets ignore the Teslas, facebooks and Amazons of the stock market. Any suggestions? euro stocks too :slightly_smiling_face:

I stick with mutual funds. Stocks are too risky.

2 Likes

You generally make little on dividends. Most of your earnings come from the increase in value of your stocks. I really don’t feel like offering up stock advice atm besides that though.

1 Like

Did Warren Buffett say the money he leaves behind is going into an etf that tracks the sp500? I think he used voo as an example.

3 Likes
2 Likes

1 Like

Look for those stock with a low price to earnings ratio average for the last5-10 years, price to book ratio preferably below 1.5 if not total price to earnings x price to book be less than 22.5, this is what benjamin Graham taught

Also look at return on assets to be higher than the average of all stocks in the country of the stock you are buying

Benjamin Graham also mentioned about assets being 2x of liabilities for balance sheet if you are defensive

2 Likes

recently got one of his books - the intelligent investor - I’ve haven’t read it yet, but looking forward to.

try to understand the formula in the book instead and try to change it to today’s standard with your own understanding. Depending on where you are from, a 5% return per year may not be bad, so 22.5 total p/e x p/b ratio means roughly a 5% return per year excluding inflation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.