Am I wrong in this?

This morning our case manager put out our sign in sheets. I was sitting in the corner, away from the table. As two guys signed the sheets I got up and got the sheets so I could sign in. There is this woman about seventy years old, who started crying after I did that. I only held up the process for less than two minutes, and if I hadn’t signed in the sign in sheets were fixing to skate across the room, far away from me. Pardon me, but isn’t crying because you had to wait two minutes longer the kind of behavior we’d expect from a three year old? Then, in group, this woman was offended because I spoke in the gathering. There was this other woman a while back who said I was raping her because I spoke my piece in group. There was nothing profane or hostile about what I said. I spoke mostly about current events. I feel like this woman was trivializing rape with her baseless accusations. She needs to grow up.

I agree with you.

3 Likes

I agree with you too.

1 Like

you did nothing wrong…that woman has problems…

2 Likes

There was someone about 40 something that said things like that in the group I was in. Not about me that I know of though.

1 Like

yea she has problems

1 Like

Yes. It trivializes rape, and it is very unfair, because people sometimes don’t distinguish between those who are accused and those who are found guilty.

1 Like

Agreed. It doesn’t sound like you did anything wrong.

1 Like

Thank you. Maybe I do talk a little more than I should in group, but I keep a lid on that as best as I can. It’s not like I was using profanity or attacking another individual.

That’s for sure. At I’m glad you didn’t suffer consequences from it. The vast majority tell the truth so when people don’t things can get bad. The lady in my group talked to security. I was thinking “Now what’s the likelihood she was sexually assaulted by a random stranger there in the 15-20 minutes that we were waiting for rides and she left?”

They’re doing a grave disservice to the real victims of rape. When a woman reports a rape further down the line, the authorities are more likely to say, “What did he do? Look at you funny?” It’s a classic example of the boy who cried wolf.

1 Like

Someone with schizophrenia who talks too much? What’s this world coming to? I thought I had heard everything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.