Am i stupid to take my meds?

for a guy who I was seeing the meds, the aps are for dumb people… for him, they are a poison. well, yeah. but I think that I need them still. am I dumb for taking them? his father was apparently schizophrenic and this guy was still against meds. I thought I was in love with this guy but this sould stop… I cant force somebody to love me like this… otherwise, I saw ‘‘little buddha’’, the film… it made me depressed because of the same optique. some succeed to be happy without meds and me, I cant do it :/…
I suppose I need support now inorder to continue taking them, yeah I am sick, what a reality :(…

1 Like

No your not stupid for taking your meds…if the meds help stabalize you, you would ve stupid for not taking them. Yes some people can do fine without them but i think they are the exception to the rule…i need meds i guess ive been close to snapping and being unable to return i kniw i need meds im in no condition to not take them…maybe in the future you might not need them but it is no weakness to know you need them…

yes, flame. without them I stop eating, taking showers, going out from the bed which is the worse :/…
yes, this guy was toxic for me. he told me that its not modern anymore to be a schizophrenic. yeah, I guess I am dumb… oh yes, ill continue taking them what can I do :slight_smile:

You’re not dumb.

You’re not stupid or dumb… That man is. If your meds help stabilize you, help you to function… Take care of yourself and even be a tad happier, then you’re not stupid at all. If they were giving you seizures and didn’t help any of your symptoms then I might question it a little… But taking medication doesn’t make you stupid…
Take me for example… I’ve been tested to be in the top 2% of the IQ chart. I’m far from stupid. I’m highly illogical and niave lol but not stupid… And I need to take meds too. I’m not functional… The only reason I don’t lay in bed for weeks any more is because I need to take care of my baby. Before she came along I went a month without bathing… I’d sit in the shower and cry but never clean myself or my hair… I went usually three months at a time with no contact to anyone… Online or in person… The most contact I’d make is when I’d write a list of food for my mom to get when she went to the grocery store… I’d fill half my bed with food and stay in it for days only getting up to use the restroom… And I’d hide away in my own world…
I’m marginally more functional now, due to my baby… I need to take care of her… If I didn’t she would die and I can’t let that happen… I have to be more functional for her… But I’m barely hanging on… I need medication and I don’t consider myself stupid for that… Nor you.

1 Like

oh thanks katatonic, yes I know we re not stupid but its tough to hear from some people you know that you are dumb because you take your meds :/… I am on the way to accept my illness, I panic less when I think about it. otherwise, my mind is still too oriented on the illness,it sucks…
thanks for the answer, keep going you too darling :slight_smile:

hey,

No. Simply put, the psychiatric medications lead to better outcomes. Sure there’s some side affects but you learn to deal with that!

When I first came to this website in the late 90’s I still chatted to people who had lived their lives in the institutions. If we didn’t have these medications that would be my lot too. I know they don’t work for everyone…but if your not too bad then statistically you’ll lead a better life!

So . NO!

A friend in the struggle,

rogueone.

1 Like