Am I slowly becoming healthy again?

So I had a paranoid episode back in September, no hallucinations or voices. Since then I’ve been on risperdone, abilify, and now latuda 20 mg. I’ve been progressively feeling better since my episode, I could barely speak to people then but now it’s hardly noticeable I have illness. I did have some negative symptoms but it seems they’ve been very slowly going away as well. My doctor recently prescribed me evekeo and I’m feeling almost like my old self again. I’ve even been doing well on my engineering exams and home work. I’m suspicious that my diagnosis is actually delusional disorder, can I expect to continue this progress, will I have to be on meds the rest of my life, and does anyone have any good info on this? Any help is really appreciated.

3 Likes

The course of the disease can not be predicted. Sorry. If things are going well, you are doing fine. Try to keep that up and maybe you are one of the few that completely recovers and does not get a relapse.

5 Likes

The healthier i am the happier i am. And even if i have a short term relaps it doesnt frighten me cause i remember i was happy.

I think this as well at times, trying my best to stay positive.

1 Like

It is possible, only time will tell, keep working with your pdoc…

2 Likes

Its quite possible that you can completely recover and will never replapse. As per if you would have to be on meds for rest of your life: Ans is there are better treatment options coming (stem cell therapy etc) which can replace pill popping and can potentially cure this forever. Might take time but you its highly possible that even in worst case scenario you will not have to be on meds for more than 10 to 12 years. Feel Better.

Delusions are false, dont believe them

Somebody working on a cure ? For psychosis as well? @NewHope

2 Likes

Just keep taking your meds. I was feeling real good at one point in my life and went off my med. I lost everything. Do not let feeling good trick you into not taking the your medicine.

1 Like

Stem cell therapy has potential to solve the problem for good per Dr daniel lodge and perez who reversed sz symptomst in mice model. check the links in the thread for details.
Hope it helps

https://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/severe-chronic-psychosis-after-allogeneic-sct-from-a-schizophrenic-sibling
2 Likes

Did your doctor not give you a diagnosis yet? There are all different reasons a person could have paranoid delusions so ask your doctor. In the mean time try to avoid reading or watching things that my aggravate it.

2 Likes

Righly said @finally. Not many on this forum know/talk about the thing that there are more than one reason person could have paranoid delusions. Any new comer asking questions people right away pull them into sz/sza club which is wrong. we are not doctors.

2 Likes

Congratulations! I guess evekeo is an ADHD med? I always did well on homework but failed most of my math exams. I remember taking adderall in a parallel universe and acing several exams. I don’t have a diagnosis, but it seemed to increase my intelligence. It would make me psychotic though, so much so, that I probably would die. It’s not worth it to me. I rather be stable, happy, and slow, than an ADHD demon lol!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.