Am I slipping into psychosis?

I was out in the side walk talking to the bus driver

Then this beautiful woman was walking toward me but I didn’t make way for her I resisted the urge for some reason and she gave me a look.

We didn’t talk or anything but I am really considering like asking how to be considerable to marry her…

Am I slipping into psychosis?

I don’t know if it’s psychosis, but you definitely have problems you need to discuss with your treatment provider. Especially if you have impulse control issues.

4 Likes

If I am understanding you correctly…

I think asking a woman you have never even talked to about marriage is going to creep her out. Maybe asking for a phone number and then maybe try to get a date after calling her might be more appropriate.

Or maybe even just small talking to her a little bit before asking for her number might be appropriate if this is someone that you might see on a regular basis.

I don’t really know if I would consider it psychosis though.

4 Likes

Yeah… perhaps, but not much in a sexual way really

I would like to be friends at least😶 she seems cool…

1 Like

Sounds like a great way to end up with court-mandated treatment and medication.

Google “erotomania”.

1 Like

I can understand your point… but erotomania is when you believe the others like celebs and public figure are in love with you, if I’m correct??

If you want to get to know this woman, I would suggest some small talk on occasion for now. And if she seems comfortable with you, then asking for her phone number eventually.

If you are having delusions about her, like velociraptor suggested though, maybe it might be a good idea not to get involved.

I don’t know your mental state however. Your thinking about marriage right off the bat probably wasn’t a good sign though.

2 Likes

Generally someone unobtainable due to your social status, doesn’t have to be a famous person.

1 Like

Yes. Exactly. It is possible to lose control of your behavior and not be psychotic.

2 Likes

I have to agree with @Bowens and @shutterbug if you have delusions about her then you shouldn’t act on it. At least not until you feel stable once again. I had a lot of delusions about my ex when we first met and it ended badly. I’m not saying that the same Thing is gonna happen to you, but please take good care of your self.

4 Likes

Yeah… I’m not feeling grandiose or anything… I think she maybe into prostitution or smth. She was walking like a boss

I get what you are saying… I should take care of myself first.

She was just beautiful

1 Like

The lack of context is worrying, are you on meds? Effective dosage?

I am currently not on APs. Sometimes thoughts of ladies obscure me from functioning productively.

I have a Pdoc appointment soon… is it worth mentioning??

1 Like

yea i think it’s worth mentioning.

2 Likes

Thank you @lekkerhondje

Someone told me I have weird thoughts so I guess I’ve gotten worried

1 Like

You assume she’s a prostitute based on the way she walks?? No, that’s not too offensive.

To clarify: not knocking sex workers. I just find it offensive that if a woman walks with confidence, she must be all about sex.

Yes, I do think you should back off, and talk to your pdoc or therapist about this. I don’t know if it’s psychosis, but your potential behavior toward this woman will likely be inappropriate.

2 Likes

I mean there’s a lot of sex workers here…

I don’t assume every woman is selling sex

1 Like

I would let your doctor know. That is not appropriate to put a person in a position to be proposed for marriage from out of nowhere. Sorry you are experiencing possible symptoms.

Be mindful no matter where you are, each person is an individual and until you get to know someone- you don’t know anything about this person. Thinking a person is a sex worker already you are placing a taboo label on the person.

BTW I am pro sex worker, and believe they need protection through the law and public opinion needs to change about the stigma that goes with being a sex worker.

3 Likes