Am I really just lazy?

I HAAAAATE work! Hate hate HATE it! I can’t stand it! I can stand it for the first week or so but after that I get so bored, and stressed out I just can’t stand it! The longest I’ve ever held a job was probably 4 months at the longest, and the only reason I’ve lasted that long was because I was moved around to couple of different positions at the hotel I was working at. The Grand Hotel to be exact (home of the worlds largest porch) Everything becomes so overwhelming about it after awhile. I can’t cope with the pressure of going in day after day week after week to only get 2-3 days off a week and never getting to slack off… And I can’t let myself slack off too much because I take great pride in my work and work ethic when I actually can tolerate a job … but it’s just so hard to stick with a job for a while. I just crumble under the pressure and quit. Which maybe I’m being hard on myself because most of my jobs actually basically all of them I was very psychotic while doing them and made all the stress worse, but my last job I wasn’t all that psychotic for and I couldn’t stand it for even 3 days! I tired of going job to job and I’m running out places that’ll hire me! I don’t know what to do… Whats wrong with me…?

5 Likes

it’s not lazy
it’s schizophrenia
it’s difficult for us
everything wears us out like socially and with energy levels and boredom isn’t something we cope with well
don’t be hard on yourself
i learned by age about 32 that i should n’t work and i had one hell of a strong work ethic
i have done some volunteering since

after about 20 years with this illness i have been granted disability payments indefinitely

5 Likes

There isn’t anything wrong with you. You just see your limitations. Is it possible to find a job where you get to switch up what you do alot? Would that help?

1 Like

Our brains, try to find an easy part time job like janitoring or gas station.

2 Likes

It’s not laziness, it’s part of the illness. I’ve been out of work so long I wish I could hold down a job.

2 Likes

People have to understand that work is harder for some people. Some people fit in naturally and don’t really have to try and struggle so much. But for others there are steep hills (which you can’t see). Every step of the way seems like a struggle. Just saying you have to try is, to me, a form of misunderstanding of our condition.

1 Like

Most of the people, even educated, cannot understand what goes in the mind of Schizophrenic and how difficult it is for them to concentrate on work. They think that we are just lazy and worse that we are just pretending and avoiding work. This attitude from people even close relatives is very demoralizing for the Schizophrenic. I appeal to all these cynics that they must understand the precarious situation the Schizophrenic is in and try to help him instead of blaming him for his “laziness”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.