Am I prodromal? Please help, panicking

I’m not sure if paranoia delusions always come with prodromal phase. @Ninjastar may know.
From what I hear u don’t need to be too worried.
It’s a good sign it doesn’t run in ur family.
And that u are being proactive about it.
And it’s a good sign u are not getting delusions cos that’s the kind of thing that made me do stupid things but that was only cos I wasn’t aware they were delusions I believed in spirits etc

1 Like

Welcome, these types of hallucinations are common in healthy people while sleeping/falling asleep.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input. Do you think I could be psyching myself into hearing things in white noise? It’s happened twice and both times when I was on high alert/anxious. I couldn’t make out words or anything and it just faintly sounded like a whisper, but I clearly knew it wasn’t real and a trick my ear played on me.

Searching Google for answers and trying to get info from mentally ill people is dangerous. Generalized anxiety or hypochondriac behavior like this is dangerous due to creating symptoms as soon as reading about them.

It sounds like you are seeking to be ill or wanting to hear our experience s in order to know symptoms to relate to a psydoc. I won’t encourage this behavior and neither should anyone else. We aren’t entertainment or textbooks.

2 Likes

Yes hearing things in white noises is also normal in healthy people.

3 Likes

I definitely do NOT want to be schizophrenic, hence the panicking and crying. I don’t mean to do that in any way and apologize if it seems that way. I genuinely am just terrified.

1 Like

None of us do. 151515

I genuinely am sorry, I did not think about how I could be affecting those diagnosed in a negative way. I truly am not trying to exploit anyones illness, I am just so absolutely deeply afraid - not that schizophrenia is a death sentence or should be something to be ashamed of, but I think I have a fear of losing control of my thoughts. My symptoms do align somewhat with prodromal stages and I just am trying to reach out for help.

Breathe and stop Googling. Doesn’t do a damn thing but create worry. Just talk to your doctor.

2 Likes

Zeno, thank you for being very kind a reassuring, it helped.

1 Like

you’re probably not schizophrenic…please don’t worry…your doctor will help you.

2 Likes

nope u dont have it

2 Likes

Thank you. Hoping for the best when I talk to them.

I hope not, but even if I don’t, this anxiety is so horrible. Thank you for your reassurance though, it’s thoughtful.

Hi. You should definitely go to a doctor. Your problems don’t seem like schizophrenia to my untrained eye, but they do sound an awful lot like the beginnings of a sleep disorder. People with sleep disorders have something called hypogogic hallucinations, which occur when your brain gets stuck between dreaming and being awake. They only happen right before or after being asleep, and can be absolutely terrifying. Oftentimes, treating the sleep disorder makes them go away. I experience them, as a result of a brain tumor I had in my sleep center as a child. It helps me to wake up at the same time every day without hitting the snooze button, and to never nap. They tend to happen more when I hit snooze, because my brain stays between asleep and awake for longer periods of time. Stress also makes them worse.

Your doctor may suggest lifestyle changes, and may want to do a sleep study on you to see if you have a treatable underlying condition. You also may need an MRI or CT scan to rule out physical abnormalities.

As for the air conditioner, many people here a vague whispering when there is white noise playing. Ask you doctor about a condition called tinnitus, which can be caused by prolonged exposure to loud noises. My husband has this from working on a submarine for four years. There is medicine you can take in some severe cases, but most people just learn to ignore it and go about their day. My husband actually finds it soothing, now, because he’s had it for so long.

5 Likes

It sounds like my hypochondriac sister who has intense panic attacks and thinks she has psychosis. You described what she feels,which is anxiety. Calm down dude you’ll be alright. You don’t have Schizophrenia. Don’t believe me? I saw a pdoc before my schizophrenia by then I was havinf delusions and paranoid dreams of people chasing me, and even then I didn’t fit criteria or had Schizophrenia. Dont worry man. Drink some tea and smoke a watch a movie man eat a healthy snack and take your meds (if any) for anxiety.

4 Likes

Many folks have given you some great information. I’ll just share that I know the torment of anxiety. But truth be told if you are prodromal the worry will not stop the symptoms and actually stressing yourself out is only likely to aggravate them should that be the case. But definitely see your psych to rule out anything else. Best wishes.

:innocent:

4 Likes

The panic feeling has always been there but it has gotten worse and worse throughout the years.

atleast you have some insight that somethings not right. when I got ill I had no idea anything was wrong. I thought everyone else was nuts.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.