Schizophrenia.com

Am i over an old crush, if i still dream about them sometimes?

had a dream last night that pissed me off, i dreamt about my old crush years ago. she is married now, and it pisses me off that i dream about her, in the day when im awake, i don’t think about her or have feelings for her, but when im dreaming im always pursuing her. what should i make of these dreams?

2 Likes

I also get dreams about past crushes also…

Sometimes I get triggered by dreams about a girl that I was being delusional about…

I try not to think too deep about dreams though, there similar to intrusive thoughts and hallucinations.

3 Likes

I agree with @Abise. Don’t worry to much about it

1 Like

I think crushes can last a very very long time.

1 Like

Maybe you still have feelings for her even if you didn’t want to be with her. You have no control over your dreams. There’s really no definitive answer about what dreams mean anyways. So you dreamed about her; you dream about a million other things too and it doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

2 Likes

It’s not strange at all. You have history together. It might be all over, but you never really forget.

I almost never think about my ex, but she can appear in a dream. I too get upset if that happens. Guess we just have to accept that we can’t erase history.

Maybe the dream is telling us that there is unfinished business, like there is something we would like to say, which we can’t ofcouse…unless to use the technique to write a letter to the person, but not actually send it to them can be a way to get things out of the system, but it’s probably painful as well.

1 Like

I sometimes dream about my ex wife.
In my dreams she is not displaying abusive behavior.

1 Like

I sometimes dream about an ex. It makes me nostalgic. I remember a time when I loved them so much, and I think about who I was at the time when I loved them. We split on very amicable terms, and I wish them nothing but the best in their life. We both loved each other, we just had incompatible forms of emotional damage, and kept hurting each other when we were together. Nothing abusive, just not a healthy and sustainable relationship. I think if we were both a little more mature, it could have worked out. But I am glad it didn’t, because I have a good life now and I don’t want a different one.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.