Am I hallucinating?

Most of the time I am chilling in bed these past few weeks, as I have not been sleeping properly

I keep hearing very defined things that are pretty loud like a police radio going off in my head

It makes me jump, get paranoid and start checking all the rooms in my home to see if they have broken in

Seeing flashes as well that are so intense

Not sure if this is SZ acting up, or whether it’s just lack of sleep or both

1 Like

You might be hallucinating. If you know you have an illness, then it is more than a possibility. I know a girl who hallucinated noises outside of her house but there was nothing there. I’d say don’t worry about it. Don’t do anything wrong and you don’t have anything to worry about. Just relax, know that you have an illness, and try to get some sleep. Sorry you’re having issues. It sucks not being able to sleep. I know how crazy it can get in that state and it isn’t fun at all.

2 Likes

I don’t know what to do.

We have been going up and up on meds this year until the side effects become unmanageable …

Hesitant to go up more on this one, as the only ill effect I have had so far is lack of sleep

Maybe just need to accept a few things and settle down I think

What helped me recently was when I heard someone say that you should stop “trying” to go to sleep and “allow” yourself to go to sleep. Just to relax and let sleep happen. If it happens, ok, if it doesn’t ok. I was having trouble sleeping earlier and that helped me fall asleep. I just kind of let go and let sleep happen. It’s hard to explain but that’s basically it.

1 Like

I would also say to stop identifying with your thoughts. You are what watches your thoughts come and go, you aren’t the thoughts themself. You are what hears the hallucinations. You aren’t necessarily your mind, so maybe don’t believe what you are experiencing. I know it is hard to deal with situations like that. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help, but that’s what helps me. When I’m delusional, I recognize that I have an illness and try to be as logical and objective as possible

2 Likes

That sucks. Right now, my current regimen has me feeling totally drugged. It sucks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.