Am i doing the right thing not going to work

It will pay my bills and there isnt enough laptops for me to bring one home. BUT my grandmother has COPD and 97 i live in london and an area in London thats hit the worst … to get to work id need to spend an hour on the bus… i couldnt live with myself if anything happened to them… but i now might have to rely on goverment handouts… and face losing my job … my uncle said i should go but im scared

1 Like

Well here in California. we have a “shelter in place” order. People are told to stay home unless they need food or medical treatment. We are advised to practice “social distancing”—staying six feet away from anyone else. No need to panic but people still do. Three months ago, Covid 19 was some weird thing happening only in China. Then about two months ago the U.S. reported it’s first death. Last Friday, I caught the news that 900 people had died in the U.S. from the virus in one day. Today the death toll in our country is over 10,000 people.

This thing is spreading fast and even if some stranger on the bus isn’t showing any symptoms he can still infect other people. And the bad news is that officials keep saying we haven’t seen the worst of it yet. That’s our situation here.

I would advise reading up on the spread of this disease in your own area. Don’t panic or get too frightened but just read up on what’s happening to get a general idea of the situation where you are. A bus crammed full of strangers could easily spread the disease. If I lose my job I’m screwed but if I hear of even just one person getting getting ill in our building then I’m out of there.

Can you not get any of your family to drive you?

1 Like

I live in a part of london with the most hit cases and I live 20 minutes walk from our local hospital. I am friggin scared of losing everyone to this.

1 Like

Yes my mum can drive me… but what about those who travel into work via bus…! I work in an open plan office…

1 Like

Just stay 2 meters away from people, wear gloves and don’t touch any surfaces that don’t need touching.

1 Like

I guess for now all I can do is look for another job i don’t want to leave my home because the government has ordered my grandmother not to leave the home for 3 months…but i also don’t want to lose my job… pretty much stuck

1 Like

Stay home if you can afford it.

1 Like

Family trumps work.

2 Likes

Will see what else HR can do… just awaiting responce… but won’t be going in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.