Alone tonight

Anyone wanna chat about life and it’s ups and downs?:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It’s a quiet time on the boards around this time everyday but usually you’ll find someone over in the Say Anything thread. It can be very slow depending on the day.

Lay it on me. What’s up?

1 Like

Just life, u know grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” pretty much sums it up

2 Likes

What is the say anything thread called so I can look it up

It changes all the time but the latest one is here…

Yeah, I know the Serenity Prayer quite well. I used to have it pinned on my wall when I was in AA

I can always use more Serenity LOL

1 Like

I’ve got five hours to do an econometrics report. But I’ve failed other modules and I’ve lost hope.

The reality is that an education can afford you luxuries, and that’s eating me up inside because I don’t have the willpower.

This was my gateway to escape an environment that feels restrictive or not personally growth orientated.

1 Like

Sad thing is I have a hard time with myself, my therapist wants me to do reflection of why I love me and why I’m important, I haven’t been able to do it, tonight I’m alone but I don’t wanna dig that deep into myself, scared of what might come out…

1 Like

I can relate. I find it very hard to see the good in myself, though I see it in others. But for every negative, There is almost always a positive that balances it out

Maybe leave the Deep introspection for another time, when you’re feeling more up to it

1 Like

I was thinking about getting a tattoo of the word serenity. I’m pretty straight edge with the exception of vaping.

1 Like

Today I got to hang out online and chat with family and friends. It was so enjoyable. I very much love spending time with everyone even just online.

1 Like

I’m 3 years sober, all I do is cigs, an addiction I’m not ready to give up

3 Likes

Three years is awesome! You should pat yourself on the back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s so cool, I get ya see my family almost every Sunday for family dinner, it’s great being close to family

1 Like

I have been 15 years sober now, and I’m still hooked through the bag on cigarettes. Nasty little things aren’t they

1 Like

That’s probably a good idea, be in a positive peace of mind to try and find the positive

1 Like

Dang! Congrats!! I know I can make it that long

1 Like

Hey thanks. The first few years were the toughest, but it gets easier after that

I have no doubt you can do it

1 Like

@Itsme , do you like watching movies? I saw this rad film called Upstream Colour. It’s very experimental though. Like no real linear storyline or anything.

1 Like