Alone on Christmas day

I think I’m having Christmas a day before Christmas at my family’s so I’ll be at home alone on Christmas day and I don’t do anything on new years, I find other public holidays boring cause I can’t do anything

5 Likes

Hey and i will be alone. Im always alone on such a days.
Such a disaster. Its pointless to go on with my problems.

I am alone too. My brother is visiting the 20th for a day. I didn’t want to see my mom or I would have taken a train to her state. My dad is in Thailand. He moved there because he likes Thai food. He never calls and I have no contact with him. A Thai family has taken over his finances so I’ll have no inheritance.

2 Likes

I will be home by myself as well. :dog::dog::dog:

2 Likes

I will spend part of it alone. Caths picked up all the xmas night shifts, so she will be working. Ive promised her a good new years when shes off.

The rest of the family i probably wont hear from till january.

Suits me.

3 Likes

I will spend Christmas alone this year since I do not have any family here locally. Well …alone in terms of human company. I have a dog and two cats for company which is nice. :dog: :cat: :cat: :christmas_tree: :santa:

8 Likes

I do a lot of Holidays alone with Mrs. Jayster.

2 Likes

I’ll be physically alone, but my friend overseas will be off either Christmas Eve or Day. He said he would spend time with me on Google Chat. He’s it though as my sister doesn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore. She lives 1020 miles away (1642 km)

3 Likes

Christmas alone with the tv and a few people to call for a chat, its ok just another day

6 Likes

I am not sure if I’ll be alone or not. MIL is in hospital and may be going home on Xmas Eve. She’s probably not healthy enough to be on her own so my wife would be going. She’s trying to get me to go, but I can’t go outside of a certain range of avanced EMS care. The farm is well outside of my safety bubble. She will try and drag our daughter along if she goes.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Ducky

2 Likes

i’ll b alone for my holiday too – chanukah. it starts tonite and i am hoping i’ll be happy anyways.

i have my computer for company and family phone calls.

judy

3 Likes

Happy Chanukah! :menorah:

1 Like

thanks so much whirling leaves. happy holidays to us all here. judy

2 Likes

Hey @Zzzzty Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us

I’m sorry you’re always alone on holidays. Please hang in there. Do something kind for yourself on those days.

A few tips on things that confuse newbies:

Cake day is the anniversary date of when you joined.

The 1515 or other numbers at the end of peoples posts are because there’s a 15 character minimum to post. So people put 15s after until they get to the minimum characters to post.

To tag someone, put the @ followed by the name.

Here are the moderators if you need them:
@Moonbeam @anon4362788 @rogueone @Bowens @anon55031185

1 Like

Hey @Ducky Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us

I’m really happy for you that you at least can talk to people on the phone on holidays.

A few tips on things that confuse newbies:

Cake day is the anniversary date of when you joined.

The 1515 or other numbers at the end of peoples posts are because there’s a 15 character minimum to post. So people put 15s after until they get to the minimum characters to post.

To tag someone, put the @ followed by the name.

Here are the moderators if you need them:
@anon4362788 @anon55031185 @Bowens @rogueone @Moonbeam

1 Like

Mazel tov. I’m technically Jewish as it is matrilineal (my mom was a convert). In practice I’m a disaffected Mormon (long story) and Pastafarian. I spend this time of year celebrating blinky lights and Amazon Prime delivery.

3 Likes

i enjoy lighting the candles and watching them burn for a short time. i make sure they’re out before i go to sleep.

i hope you enjoy some at least some good holiday feeling judy

1 Like

Happiest of holidays and may the marinara sauce of his holy noodles guide you through out the new year!

2 Likes

I like Christmas I suppose? It’s nice seeing the surprise on my nieces faces opening up their presents. We eat Tex Mex every Christmas Eve. Fun fun fun!

2 Likes