Schizophrenia.com

Allergies are bad today

It started last night, well a couple of days ago it started ramping up but last night I was like hmmm maybe I should take the extra allergy pill. But so I didn’t. Then this morning I had pretty bad asthma and had to take the extra allergy pill plus cough medicine to clear my lungs. Now I’m breathing good, finally. I think the Juniper is sending off pollen, it always gets me.

1 Like

It’s really weird - I used to suffer greatly from hay fever, but not for ages now

Must be specific pollen for different people

Sometimes I sneeze in the summer, but it used to be so bad I got itchy eyes

1 Like

I’ve read that eating honey from local suppliers will help with pollen allergies. But you have to eat a tablespoon a day for a few months to get any benefit.

1 Like

I use to have really bad allergies when I was a kid to various types of pollen but they have gotten better with age. I get itchy eyes sometimes but I have eye drops for that. Occasionally a scratchy throat or stuffy nose.

I noticed my allergies pretty much went away when I was started on Olanzapine, i think it has to do with the antihistamine effect that drug has, but I could be wrong, maybe it was just a coincidence that things got better in my 20s when I was put on olanzapine.

1 Like