Alleged placebo effect

anyone ever get one of those days where you think the doctor has given you placebos instead of your actual meds?

1 Like

Sometimes the day after I start a new med I feel better even though it hasn’t been long enough for the med to take effect.

1 Like

All the bloody time. It is one of my biggest suspicions at the moment. As i’m now on Clozaril and slowly titrating the dose up - i keep having these thoughts that my treating team aren’t really prescribing me medication. That they are giving me sugar pills in an effort to expose me as a fraud or to hurt me in some way. I take the medicine hoping that it is real, and that these thoughts will eventually go away.

1 Like

You pick your meds up at a pharmacy and I would think it would be illegal for them to dispense sugar pills under the name of clozaril. IMO

1 Like

Idk if it is illegal, all I know is that my doctor is in control of what meds i get. I don’t think he would do that but I can’t help wondering about it, yesterday was a terrible day even though I took my meds it wasn’t normal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.