All Set for Covid19 Vaccine

I got on my local pharmacy’s wait list for the Covid19 vaccine December 21st. They are 0.5 miles (0.8km) away. I emailed them a statement from my doctor that I have diabetes & emphysema and got my inhaler & diabetes med refilled there.

This puts me in the 1-C group for vaccinations, being under 65 and with high-risk medical conditions. Monday, my state will begin vaccinating the 1-B group, earlier than expected. They think they will start my group April 1st. I hoping they will start my group earlier too.

I spoke to the head pharmacist yesterday, and he said I was just about at the top of the wait list and would be one of the first to go in April. You don’t have a choice in which vaccine you get, Pfizer or Moderna. You can only have whichever one the Health Department is allowing at the time you go in. I’m hoping I’ll get the Pfizer vaccine as it has been shown to be effective against the variant strains of the virus.

6 Likes

Good luck, hope you get one you want

1 Like

Thanks spiderpig.

Morderna also claimed that their vaccine works against the variant strain

1 Like

I’ll probably end up getting the astrazeneca one. It’s not as effective as the others.

1 Like

i hope you get vaccinated soon =)

1 Like

Best of luck to you!

1 Like

Thanks for responding @swordiebrom @everhopeful @lekkerhondje . I enjoyed hearing from you.

1 Like

Thanks Pianogal.

1 Like

I am waiting on my parents to make me take the vaccine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.