All prices are rising, high inflation

I went to a grocery store today. I bought food and drinks. All prices are rising, have you noticed?

Small pizza 200g before 0.99 euros now 1.25 euros
Cheese 300g before 2.80 euros now 3.85 euros

just two examples how high inflation is. Do you have any similar examples?

3 Likes

I noticed the price of tamales increased from $3.69 to $4.29.

3 Likes

Most stuff goes up with 10 or 20 cents, but in the end it all adds up. One example is I pay 5.99€ for my Apple Music instead of 4.99€.

2 Likes

Gas has been going down here. It was 2.99 last week and yesterday I found some for 2.77.

4 Likes

I have noticed higher prices too, like my husband’s Tillamook ice cream has gone from $4.99 to $5.59.

I notice more the shrinkflation, where prices are the same but package size is smaller. Frustrating when you have to spend more on two packages to get enough for what you want or need.

3 Likes

Yes it was the cost of lockdowns.

1 Like

I think I’ve read before that prices are expected to go down some in 2023. Here’s hoping so and a good 2023. It’s almost here.

4 Likes

Just my entire grocery bill.

2 Likes

Wholesale prices may drop but businesses are not gonna give up the increased profits. It is a losing game for the consumer.

My theory anyways.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Every time I’ve seen the news say that inflated prices will drop, they haven’t. Not for consumer goods and not in the grocery aisle. I’ve only seen it with energy.

1 Like

The free covid injections cost money, that have to be paid somehow.

1 Like

Damn straight! And that hurts the most.

Sucks!

-S

2 Likes

Yes. When I moved into my flat a year ago I would spend about £35- £50 a week on shopping. Now I’m easily spending £80-£90. My shopping habits havn’t changed, just everything has gone up.

2 Likes

My daughter has budgeted $3,000 for food for the next eight months. That’s not going to work.

1 Like

If she wants to live off those ramen packets for the next eight months then maybe. It will get old super fast though.

2 Likes

It’s getting pretty obvious that the national chains are using inflation as cover to gouge consumers:

1 Like

The reason that they don’t cull inflation in the west is that a lot of super rich people have their money in the stock market. Increasing the interest rates punishes stocks and we know how afraid politicians are of the stock market going down. It is a pity that common folk suffers because the millionaires can become billionaires.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.