Schizophrenia.com

All or Nothing Behavior?

Anyone else have this behavior? Either take something as a whole or leave it all?

What’s this? Perfectionism?

The only times I’ve heard about it is in reference to BPD.

Maybe @sarad knows

That describes me perfectly. Especially with diet, but this also recurs in other areas in life. Like if I missed a day at the gym, I end up skipping the gym for a week or forever.

Just wondering how to cure this

as every real expert i can direct you to the right sources :sunglasses:

1 Like

And an older thread

( just check out my comment there. dear lordy. :neutral_face:)

Hope this helps @Americano

1 Like

Try to catch yourself when you do this (black and white thinking, or also called “all or nothing” thinking. And then try to correct it to a more rational and accurate approach.

See this video:

1 Like

Another video on general tools to get more healthy thinking going:

and:

[quote=“Americano, post:1, topic:34280”]
Either take something as a whole or leave it all?
[/quote]My beliefs are starting to come to life, I think. I basically want nothing to do with a large percentage of people out there - people so stuck in easy mode or the good life down here. I strongly believe we are going to different worlds - ending up in different parts of the next Universe; and the people that await me have known & experienced true suffering.

Long story short, I don’t want to be around soft people that have barely felt evil or suffered. I don’t have time to learn their ways… ways in which intellect can be used as a never ending loop to constantly explain away legit issues. That’s not what intellect is used for anymore whence you have conquered real evil.

But - could this be a case of “all or nothing” or “Black and white” thinking?

Who gets to judge what “true suffering” is? Is cancer “true suffering”, is poverty “true suffering”, is longer term unemployment “true suffering”.

I think most people’s lives are affected by true suffering at some point in their lives - but nobody wants to stay there.

And everyone is different = what would be “true suffering” for me, might be very different for someone else.

[quote=“SzAdmin, post:13, topic:34280”]
And everyone is different = what would be “true suffering” for me, might be very different for someone else.
[/quote]Precisely why I think we depart to different worlds. No use forcing people to be brothers or sisters if they can’t get along. So many people have roamed this Earth and fought for a greater good, yet it is still so divided…

…let’s just divide & separate, I say, for the rest of eternity. No use trying to get a rape or murder victim to forgive their rapist or murderer. Just doesn’t make sense.

I just want to be a part of a world that I fit into for once, that’s all.