All I want in life is a mentor

I just really want one. I’d rather have a mentor than money, career and prestige. Somebody who can teach me and I can emulate. I’d emulate them to a tee. I’ve missed opportunities to have mentors in the past. Just the last few years it’s something I really desire. Nobody has came into my life though.

2 Likes

I’d love to have a permanent talk therapist. It would be like my weekly worry hour with them to come up with solutions.

1 Like

For me more like an hourly madness minute lol. I think here people can become life coaches which is inspiring.

I had a mentor when I was coming off illegal drugs. This guy used to see me twice a week for over a year.

This guy I owe my life to, as he taught me to be able to understand what was happening to me, as I was being exploited really badly when I was a teenager.

It took to long for this intervention to come, but it was very welcome.

Having someone like that is priceless.

Unfortunately adult NHS services are a very temporary support with talking. I am finding this out the hard way at the moment.

I might see how much a private one is, but I fear it will be more than I can afford.

1 Like

Hmm… I’d suggest maybe looking up videos on youtube about Mike Tyson on his umm… stand-up introspective special or even Sergio Martinez. Such things stir compassion, understanding, and lessen despair.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.