All I do is make demands

I know I’m a dependent invalid and wishing won’t change anything but I wish there were something I could do about it.

2 Likes

Do u work. …have a job…

no - I just do a few chores around the house.

1 Like

I bet your family greatly appreciate the chores you do! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No one is completely independent if you think about it, we all depend on the city for water, farmers for our food, the government for protection…so don’t worry too much.

Besides, others are dependent on you…without you, they wouldn’t get a paycheck? (aren’t you in an assisted living program?)

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything wrong with demands because that means you know what you need or want. I think if those demands turn into being a full control freak then I could see where you’re coming from. Otherwise I think it is better than sitting in the corner not knowing anything.

1 Like

Of course chordy…
being dependent on others is unpleasant…
I too am in this situation…
I hope for us that our situation will improve some day…

Yes, I live in an AFC home (Adult Foster Care).

I’m not at an age where I’m going to get much more independent. I could do more cooking, maybe.

I feel kind of helpless too because of my MI. I fantasize about being able to be fully independent with a job and home of my own but I don’t know. I have just about enough self-care to be able to live independently, dependently. I miss my days of being motivated and focused. I have always had anxiety, depression, and panic interrupting my ability to function 100% but it used to be better than it is now. Sadly, I don’t know if I will ever be able to take care of myself 100%. I hope so.

1 Like