All About psychosis..?

i am pretty confused with the word psychosis …
i don’t hear sound…
i don’t hallucinate …
i have lots of fear and anxiety along mod problems…
i also fell lots of depression ,reservedness(complex)
they guess i have bipolar but i dx myself as szaff…dont know
its hard to guess./.
i am starting cbt and all available therapy they provide to me…
my therapists says if i don’t improve within given time period .
they will put me on med

after my dx my plan is …
trying supplement …
sarcosine …
fish oil
along indian snake root,Pregnenolone sulfate…
Yokukansan… and other too…
wish me luck…
along lots of regular physical exercise.along mindfulness and if
possible meditation deep meditation…

Good luck with everything… it sounds like you have a plan… that’s half the battle.

Not everyone has hallucinations.

1 Like

I don’t hallucinate at all…never have, but I have schizo-affective disorder-depressive type. I mainly suffer from delusions about philosophical thought experiments (I ruminate a lot) and have negative symptoms due to medications. I also have anxiety.

I’ve been diagnosed and told I have/might have a lot of things. This includes: schizo-affective depressive and bipolar, treatment-resistant undifferentiated schizophrenia, Aspergers, OCD, anxiety, depression, bipolar, possible personality disorder, substance induced psychosis, brain damage, migraines, and psychotic depression.

Psychosis for me is a loss or near loss of reality. For three years I tried to prove nothing existed and was very solipsistic. I thought I was a brain in a vat or in a computer simulation and that everything was fake or an illusion, and that reality was really two-dimensional. My vision was very distorted (severe derealization) but I never heard or saw anything. It was just me trying to prove stuff I was experiencing (and gathering evidence), which didn’t conform to reality.

1 Like

Good luck with this.

Being healthy is sometimes a full time job.

I think it sounds like you’re on the right track.

1 Like

One way I heard it put was that “Neurotics build castles in the air, and psychotics live in them.”

3 Likes