Algae Dynamics Corp Announces Research Agreement With University of Western Ontario to Investigate the Use of Cannabis Derivatives for the Development of Novel Pharmacotherapies for Mental Health

/EINPresswire.com/ — TORONTO, ON–(Marketwired – Mar 13, 2017) – ALGAE DYNAMICS CORP (OTCQB: ADYNF) (the „Company”), a development stage company focused on the development of unique health products and pharmaceuticals utilizing cannabis and algae oils, today announced a research and product development agreement with Western University to perform research on cannabis oil and its constituents in the context of depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and schizophrenia. This is the second of the recently announced research agreements with Canadian universities involving cannabis oil research. This announcement brings Algae Dynamics total university research contributions to $1. 6 million for both programs.

This announcement follows the Company’s previously announced new strategic initiative to explore the extraction of oils from other botanicals, most notably cannabis, and to seek product development and formulation opportunities that combine the benefits of algae and cannabis oils. This research agreement will directly support this initiative and will „focus on translational pharmaceutical research, with a specific focus on identifying how specific phytochemical compounds found in cannabis, including delta-9-tetrahydrocannbinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinoid-derived terpenoids and other potential phytochemical derivatives of cannabis may serve as novel pharmacological treatments for symptoms associated with depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and schizophrenia.”

http://www.military-technologies.net/2017/03/13/algae-dynamics-corp-announces-research-agreement-with-university-of-western-ontario-to-investigate-the-use-of-cannabis-derivatives-for-the-development-of-novel-pharmacotherapies-for-mental-health-2/

2 Likes

this stuff is much needed …!!!

Algae and cannabis, hmmm? Interesting!

1 Like

I self medicated with cannabis for years. It’s great for anxiety and depression. Unfortunately my brain got used to it and I became dependent. I haven’t been the same since I quit. I think that cannabis has the potential to unlock portions of the brain that enhance emotion and mood. I hope they come out with a cannavis based antipsychotic. That would be incredible

1 Like