Alcohol free for 62 days

I’ve never had a DWI, but I did used to drive after I drank sometimes. So, I had to quit. It’s been over two years since I drank.

2 Likes

Yes. Driving to get the second pack. Im very familiar wkth that as i did it every day.

1 Like

Congrats!

How long you have been drinking for? If alcohol has contributed to your paranoia it will take time to recover from it.

1 Like

The title of this post made me think… 62 days would make the start of my course in macrobiotic cooking
following few months would have me trying to conceal any drinking alcohol in between modules from my fellow students
or openly drinking and being the idiot who has not got the message yet
day 1
i was in rehab in ‘97 for addictive personality
Im not keen on the label alcoholic but I’m on the Path somewhere sometimes… who cares to admit complete defeat, however? i can accept
i’ve started to crave alcohol after having drunk it… just twice but it’s there

1 Like

Ive been drinking since i was 19. It only got really serious for about 3 or 4 months. I was drinking every day

1 Like

I was a definite alcoholic. Making excuses to go get beer. Couldnt go a day without it. Straining relationships with my family. Couldnt sleep.

2 Likes

i over and over spend months not drinking and prefer it then give myself the excuse to drink like recently ‘it’s a saturday’ or recently “i can’t do yoga in the morning cos i have my period…”
just started to become more compulsive
spent 6 1/2 years in AA to the best of my ability but not unable to accept it was alcoholism
so I couldn’t fully get the program until joining OA last year
maybe now ‘complete defeat’ Has just come early and I should give over some stupid idea that im different

1 Like

im sure you are but take this seriously to get away from it a day at a time
i’m in al anon and my sister has had kidney and liver failure which she survived and has no insight

1 Like

How old are you now?

1 Like

Thirty four wonderful years old

1 Like

It will take time.

My dad has been sober for 15 years. In few things he’ll be behind time forever. And being sober hasn’t changed several things about him.

Somethings are part of your personality. In your case that of mental illness.

No reason to get discouraged. Being sober protects you from physical effects of alcohol. I lost a cousin to it. Liver cirrhosis.

2 Likes

Thats what my uncle died of. His liver shut down. He was a homeless alcoholic for 30+ years. Drank whiskey or vodka. He died when he was 58 or so

3 Likes

Thats great you been sober!

1 Like

Thank you! I thought it would help my paranoia but ive been paranoid at least once a week. This week 4 times

1 Like

I think you Will feel healthier with time,
Sorry about your paranoia.

coming off alcohol causes paranoia sometimes when you come off it at first
i don’t know how long it lasts, but will get better

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.