Alcohol consumption

I quit drinking because i always blacked out and either ended up in jail or the cops would do a Baker Act on me. My doctor said alcohol is poison for me to drink because i black out. I wish i would just pass out but that never happened so no more alcohol. Maybe it is because i have a lot of Indian blood in me? I read that Indians have a low tolerance to alcohol. I got violent sometimes smh

i have a bottle of vodka downstairs that iā€™ve had for about a year and a bottle of wine iā€™ve had for about 4 months. i had a vodka and redbull last night and didnā€™t finish it. thatā€™s was my first drink since new years eve. alcohol doesnā€™t really interest me unless i;m having a drink with my parents in the back garden in summer time, then weā€™ll put the music on and get blind drunk and dance and sing which is fun. but only really in summer. i can take it or leave it tbh

I drink about once every month or two, with my neighbor across the street. Usually when we get together, we drink. We drink to get drunk, which can mean four full glasses of wine, not half-filled. But once in a while we drink less than that if less is available. One time we got a bottle of what said to be Long Island Iced Tea. We drank the whole bottle together, and both of us regretted it. Never buying that again. Sometimes weā€™ll drink vodka and cranberry juice, and weā€™ll finish a smallish bottle of vodka together. I can usually feel that.

One glass of wine = Really bad crying spells. :cry:

Unable to tolerate alcohol. :wine_glass:

On average less than one alcoholic drink a week because i have many weeks when i donā€™t booze at all. However i have been known when acutely stressed to drink a lot of alcohol quickly to try and pass out/fall asleep and get some relief from the negative emotional intensity.
Christmas time is when i drink the most.

I have maybe one to three drinks per month. I drank pretty heavy long ago but just donā€™t drink more than one beer or one drink at a time anymore for some reason. Havenā€™t been drunk since 2007.

zero units everybody has a certain amount of alcoholic drinks alocated to mthem in a lifetime i just drank mine really quickly lol
plus im allergic to alcohol it brings me out in handcuffs.

iā€™ve probably drank 10 to 20 times in my life. Iā€™ve been drunk maybe 5 times?? I like alcohol and am not against it. Now i just donā€™t drink it because i donā€™t like how i feel with my meds and also we have alcoholism in the family and i just donā€™t drink much.

The last time i had a drank was probably 10 years ago if you donā€™t count communion. :wink:

i donā€™t drinkā€¦
take care

1 Like

well, I donā€™t know if Iā€™m a binge drinker, but when I drink, I drink to feel good. Usually that means Iā€™ll drink at least 7 or 8 beers, or a bottle of wine to myselfā€¦thatā€™s an alcoholic in some books, but itā€™s never been a problem with meā€¦I drink now to socialize with friends or familyā€¦I am a joker and like to crack up and tell jokes when I am drunkā€¦now that I have given up cigarettes I doubt Iā€™ll drink until I see my friend, Matt in April. (my birthday month).

I drank a bit in my late high school years. Then I went to a party school, so I got my drinking over early in life. I miss it sometimes went I want to try a different variety of beer or wine, but I get along okay without it.

There is a history of alcoholism in some of my extended family members. When well or medicated I am disciplined about it. I donā€™t drink anymore.