Air pollution from fossil fuel emissions responsible for 1 in 5 premature deaths

i knew air pollution killed people, and that any increase in air pollution would kill more people… but i didn’t realize just how many people yearly were killed by it

2 Likes

Great read, thanks for posting :+1:

I have trouble breathing whenever I go into a large city, I believe it. One of the reasons I walk as much as possible.

1 Like

We will always need industry and production, but there has to be a cleaner alternative to what we are using now. I read somewhere that… France?.. Denmark…? Was working on a nuclear generator that produced absolutely zero emissions.

How far it is from production or use I have no idea. It might be another 20 to 50 years before we see it in use, I really don’t know

I think nuclear would be a helpful addition to our power generation capabilities. unfortunately I think nuclear power scares a lot of environmentalists. I doubt Biden is going to go that route. Wind and Solar alone just aren’t reliable enough.

I think at the current time some mix of a variety of power sources are going to have to be the way to go.

Here is a new innovation in solar panels. At solar’s current form and price, it just isn’t worth it for me to put it in. It would cost me $25,000 and I would only break even at that point. Unfortunately, at that same point I would have to replace all the panels. It’s a break-even investment at best.

If you have an excess however, you can sell it back to the grid.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-bell-ca-revc&source=android-browser&q=solar+panel+designed+after+sunflower

1 Like

1 in 5… that’s more than I thought.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.