After how long and for how long do you feel bad after taking your AP?

I start to feel drowsy and bad after 2 hours after I take latuda, and it goes on for 4-6 hours.

How about you?

4 Likes

That happened to me too on Latuda 80-120mg. I had nausea too and later akathisia. Doesn’t happen on Risperdal 4mg.

1 Like

I was on Latuda for 18 months.

In the end it literally made me feel so sick, I could barely function.

The mental health services had to change my med as it got out of hand

1 Like

I think thats a side effect of Latuda from what I read online.

1 Like

Yeah it takes about 2 hours for my clozapine to take effect, really bad drowsiness. So I take my dose a couple hours before bed.

1 Like

What you can do is take it at night. I felt less side effects when taking Latuda right before sleeping bcz I am not awake.

2 Likes

For me it is not a problem because I sleep through that phase, but sometimes I have to stay up to help my grandmother. @Aziz

How long does it last? Did you ever take it without going to sleep? @Natron

1 Like

5mg Geodon 2x/day. I don’t notice when I take it, only when I stop now. I tried going off the Amyloban out of curiosity and was back up to 20mg 2x/day and I was feeling it a bit.

2 Likes

No I can’t sleep if I don’t take it.

1 Like

My nighttime dose of Risperdal basically knocks me out to sleep.

1 Like

I don’t notice any bad effect with amisulpride but my olanzapine causes akathisia within two to three hours

1 Like

No drowsiness? @Hadeda

I take low dose of olanzapine (5mg) and amisulpride also not too high (200mg). If I take 300-400mg then it does make me slightly drowsy

Sometimes when I can’t sleep I take a 100mg extra at night and it calms my thoughts

1 Like

I get a 441mg shot every 4 weeks. Don’t notice anything unless I miss my shot by a week or so. Then i feel bad.

1 Like

I take my Abilify at night and in the morning I’m mildly hungover. It’s worse if I don’t take it however.

1 Like

i just feel the same way all day long actually, even when i was on 15mg abilify…

1 Like

How do you deal with it? I can’t even stand up if I don’t sleep for a few hours. @anon51377248

1 Like

I take latuda at night, my ears ring up until the hour or 2 after where I fall asleep, the few times I accidentally took latuda during the morning I fell asleep for like 6 hours and lost the whole day to drowsy ville. But it’s nice to sleep the night, on abilify I had insomnia.

1 Like

unfortunately i have often turned to binge eating and caffeine. do you drink coffee? @zeno

1 Like

No, coffee makes me feel bad.

1 Like