African Americans and Latinos are more likely to be misdiagnosed

https://www.nami.org/learn-more/mental-health-conditions/schizophrenia

probably due to differing cultural or religious beliefs or language barriers

I’m Jewish Mexican and mine wasn’t drug induced. And they’re not doing the drugs anymore or less than other cultures.

8 Likes

What the hell Daze? I am black and I’ve never done drugs in my life, not even weed. I can’t tell if you’re trolling or if you’re just racist.

edit: And @TheBest, you liked it. I cannot believe what I am reading.

10 Likes

I’m half Mexican and my sza is due to a lot of things including genetics (my father and grandmother had it), not just drug use. And the hardest illicit drug I’ve ever used is pot.

2 Likes

Daze

This user is suspended until Feb 4, 2019
Reason: Racist comments

7 Likes

I just don’t understand why a schizophrenic of all people would be racist. The non-sz population hold prejudice against us, and has for centuries. How can someone who has been judged unfairly for something that’s not their fault, turn around and treat another group of people unfairly for something that isn’t their fault?

5 Likes

Ouch Daze… Totally uncalled for.

2 Likes

Nevermind racism,why religious beliefs?I’m religious,so that makes me more “schizophrenical”.

1 Like

I know that African Americans are more likely to being diagnosed with schizophrenia over other severe mental illnesses like bipolar disorder.

This happens a lot here in the USA.

It’s unfortunate.

2 Likes

Daze didn’t even last a day

5 Likes

I don’t know why TheBest isn’t banned. He liked the post.

1 Like

It interests me. Ive been asked to give my opinion on a situation where a client is possibly misdiagnosed with sz because of cultural misunderstandings. And is getting upset by what he perceives as mistreatment. It is complicated to find out what is right.

1 Like

Maybe he liked it just because it was a response to his post? I’m hoping so. @TheBest has always seemed like a good guy, so I would be surprised if he actually agreed with what Daze said. Maybe he can clear that up.

2 Likes

Oh I see. I didn’t think of that. Sorry @TheBest for accusing you. It’s just that racial tension is high right now, you know? I will try to be calmer before I accuse someone of being racist in the future.

2 Likes

He shouldn’t have liked it, but I just wondered if maybe that was the reason why.

I can’t say the same for @Tyme however, who it seems liked it just a few moments ago… :unamused:

4 Likes

What an ass…15

5 Likes

Let it go @Wave he can’t touch your kindness.

5 Likes

I don’t think Tyme is racist, I think he’s a troll. He saw that this comment was upsetting us, so he liked it to get a reaxtion out of us… I hope…

3 Likes

I think we all just need a bunch of hugs and get some coffee or tea together and call it a day.

6 Likes